• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 Bow Light

WBurgner

Member III
Anyone know the manufacturer and model number of the bi-color light on the bow of the E38's circa 1984? Mine is broken and I need to order a replacement, but I am two hours away from the boat. It looked like a small Aqua Signal and the top piece I brought home is identified "SK79". I have not been able to find anything with the SK79 reference on line.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

u079721

Contributing Partner
I wouldn't bother trying to get an exact replacement, as even if you did I'm not sure the mounting holes would line up anymore anyway. I replaced the nav lights on our 1989 E38 to put in the higher powered series (series 40?) that are usually only seen on boats over 40 feet so as to get greater visibility.

If you need to replace the light anyway, why not take this opportunity to upgrade to a better light? The new light fit just fine on the shelf, and I just had to drill a couple of new holds in the back plate to hold it in place.

WBurgner

Member III
Thanks Steve,
That is most likely the way I will go. I was hoping to find enough info to order the new light prior to driving (2 hrs each Way) back to the boat. My concern is the light dimensions and ordering a light that would not fit. So far the online sources do not seem to provide dimensions.

I will keep looking, though.

WBurgner

Member III
Series 25

Thanks Ted,
The Series 25 appears to be the current issue of the light I have. The footprint of the series 40 is much larger and I am not inclined to try to make something fit at this point. If I was closer to the boat and could make some measurements I would be more inclined to give it more thought. I am trying to kick off a cruise to the Keys and Bahamas and don't want to risk a further delay since the storm season is already approaching.

I do agree about the benefits of the Series 40, though. I have the Series 40 Tricolor on the masthead which I have converted to LED. Unless I have to motor a lot the tri will be the nav light used most.