• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Electronics refits etc.

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
Hi Guys and Gals- I haven't been on in a while- too busy doing the boat refit and repair thing- I was wondering if you would take a look at this company video we made and give your opinions. ... This is a link to YouTube, so I think it is safe. Sorry this one is a stink pot but it pays the bills, We don't get many sail boats any more to work on, only a 1989 E34 and a Sceptre 43 lately. I know this board has a good sense of what looks right, we worked hard to get the new equipment on this 20 yr. old boat looking like it belonged (or so I hope!).. Thanks in advance! G.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3e_Xch0f8

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Graham,

I looked at the video as you requested, and I think it looks really good. I would hire you based on how you described the project! :egrin:

It looked like a technically quite sophisticated undertaking. Thanks for sharing it.

Frank
1984 E30+
Nanaimo, BC

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
Thanks Frank- I appreciate you taking the time. I tend to work for the same clients repeatedly, and their friends. Handles a bit differently than my E Boat! How is the 30+ treating you? My fuel tank gave up last fall, have to tear it out and make a new one... Good time to install my new old stock YS pedestal- I will make a new thread about that horrible project.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. We really enjoy our E30+ and are using her alot, year round. I have done quite alot of work on her and she's in pretty good shape. I have learned alot about boat maintenance! I am currently trying to track down a rainwater leak that's driving me nuts, but I'm gradually narrowing it down and will get it solved.

We have a busy year of sailing ahead, including a trip to Desolation Sound later in the summer. We love living on the coast, with these beautiful sailing waters on our doorstep!

Good luck with your projects--the fuel tank and the YS pedestal replacement. Any pics would be welcome for those of us who haven't had to tackle those projects yet.

Frank

Last edited:

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
I sleep on the port settee (convertible double) and we were anchored in the Harmony Islands in a down pour last summer. Drip came right on my head! Turned out to be coming through the port outer traveller bolt, running outboard on the inside of the headliner and emerging strategically above my nose. Go figure?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nicely done!
Wow, Graham, that classic Tolly is well into the gray area between "boat" and "ship."
:rolleyes:

Regards,
Loren