• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

employee pictures glassed in?

OliveOyle

Member I
This is quite interesting.... We bought an Ericson 27 about a year ago at a lien sale-excellent deal! Anyway, while we were cleaning up and running new wiring through the port lazerette (I think that's what the storage area under the seat in the cockpit is called), our son found two pictures glassed into the boat. In order to view them from the cockpit, you have to stick your head into the storage area, practically standing on your head, and look towards the center of the boat. It looks like employee photos of the guys who, maybe, built the boat. We call them "Hans and Frans", and are curious if anyone else has found this on their boat. We also have an Ericson 36C, but have yet to find a "Hans and Frans" on it.

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
That sure beats the "These pants were inspected by Joe Blow" tag. Sort of the nautical equivalent of the "Easter Eggs" you find in software.

OliveOyle

Member I
They're location:

One is near the fuel pick-up tube, the other is near the zip ties.

Attachments

• hansnfrans.jpg
    hansnfrans.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 408

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
How old is that old boat?

Looks like the 70's or early 80's judging by the sideburns...

Have you checked the FBI's Ten Most Wanted?

OliveOyle

Member I
She's a '78, so your estimate was accurate. Everyone check your storage areas and let me know if you find something...:egrin: