• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

engine make?

Jon Libby

Member II
I know this won't take long.

A friend of ours is looking at a 29ft ericson. It is a real fixer upper but he owns "The SailBoat Shop" locally and can do any glass work. we just don't know what kind of diesel engine is in it. I've seen it before or another photo of it. Any quesses with a thumb up or down would really tickle my friend.

Thanks in advance

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/displayPhoto.jsp?ybw=&boat_id=1860140&boatyr=1972&boatname=29%27+Ericson+Sailboat&photo_revised_date=1204297720000&photo_name=Photo+28&photo=28

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Last edited:

Brian K

Member III
Ericson 27

Wasn't there a real sweet robin's egg blue E-27 up there on Skaneateles Lake for sale recently?? Wow Jon, and I thought you were his FRIEND!!

Jon Libby

Member II
Volvo

And for lack of sawsall blades, other projects, and a drive to get his own boat to fix up. HE'S JUST LOOKING. And Volvo is a positive thing right. I'll bet it wasn't the original power plant.

The other blue Ericson on Skaneateles lake is now tied up with an owner who didn't use, doesn't want it and doesn't want to let anybody sell it. (Sad)

2000 is just the asking price. Everything is negotiable.

Thanks Jon

Last edited:

Guy Stevens

Wellll

The engine is a Volvo; you should know that the parts are outragous. The other issue is that if it has been salt water cooled, that you never really get the salt out of the castings. Also it looks really bad. I can only imagine what the rest of the maintenance on this boat looks like.

So if it runs, a plus is that it is a diesel. If it doesn't then the plus is that the boat should be really inexpensive, and you should have enough left over for sawsall blades!

Guy
:)

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
best advise.... implant small nuclear device, run like hell! or at least assume the engine will need replaced...even if it runs, it does.

Jon Libby

Member II
Definte Maybe

Well

Even if the motor was a mooring anchor, he can move it, fix it, glass it, Paint, WRITE IT OFF, has an extra A-4, and still have time and $ for sawsall blades.

Volvo was what I was after, Thanks

It's such a same to see GOOD Boats, that are headed for the graveyard. Is it like trying to save old stage coaches from the on rush of the automobile. Am I that old?

Thanks