• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Engine Raw Water Hull Valve Status

markvone

Sustaining Member
I usually leave my engine raw water thru hull valve open because it is difficult to access. We just had Tropical Storm Isaias and I closed all the hull valves as part of my storm prep. I've read you can hang the engine key on the hull valve handle as a reminder to open the valve before you start the engine. I usually hang my engine key on a hook at the Nav Desk for convenience and came up with this alternative reminder. I have to remove the black fob first when the hull valve is closed. Normally, with the hull valve open and the fob behind the key and reversed, I just grab the key and start.

Mark
IMG_4892.JPGIMG_4893.JPGIMG_4896.JPG

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
That is a great idea! I have to ask, what is up with the bottle jack?

markvone

Sustaining Member
Whew! I though somebody would ask about the underwear hanging from the Nav Desk lamp. The bottle jack was holding up a small block of PT wood while the epoxy dried. Its' epoxied to the bottom of the deck above the headliner and serves as the base for a 12v fan. The bottle jack has moved on to a similar job on the galley side.

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hah, I know better than to ask about undergarments on boats! Good idea for the bottle jack, wish I had thought of that for my overhead core repair job.