• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

engine room circulation and transom cowl vents

jtsai

Member III
The 32-3 has a pair of transom cowl vents and were once connected to flexible dryer hoses. I am puzzled how these hoses are routed and their functions. The starboard side air hose (left of below picture) emerges from the fiberglass pan near transom then disappears near the rudder shaft. The port side hose (right side of the picture below) emerges from the fiberglass pane at transom and I assume it connects to the port transom cowl vent. Is this some kind of of air circulation pattern to this setup?

engine vent hoses.jpg

Jerry VB

E32-3 / M-25XP
They are for engine "room" ventilation. One should open higher up and one lower down. One (the lower one?) should have an inline blower. You should be able to see the lower outlet in the engine compartment by looking aft under the sink.

engine_vent.png

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
On my 32-3 the (original, I believe) routing has both vents originating in the lower, aft, engine compartment, and exiting at the stern cowl vents. One side (I don't know which) has an inline blower installed. Both vent hoses run under the "pan" shown below (shown with water heater removed) and exit the pan far aft in the stern.

20210612_160904~2.jpg

I've read that the blower hose inlet should be placed high in the engine compartment (to suck out the hot air and replace it with cool air) but I've never seen a convenient way to set it up as such.