• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson - 28 For Sale

Starduff

Member II
I am finding that I need to sell my 1987, E-28. 28ft LOA, 10ft Beam, 5ft/6in draft w/fin keel, 7500 LBS Dsplacement, 3200LBS Ballest.
It will come with a custom made boat cover for off season storage and relatively new (hardly used) main (with Logo) and a 155% Genny (both are UK Passage Maker series); an older set Main and 130% Genny w/three wieghted sail cloths and darts for reefing. She also has a Bimini, Cockpit Cushions. Lazy Jacks, Anchor, Head w/Shower, Refrigeration,(and additional) New Cabin Sole (not installed)(the original is still in place). It has a Schaeffer Roller furler and sunbreller protection for both Head Sails, Sail Cover for the Main and also a Helm Cover for the Edison Wheel. There is also has a whisker pole, but I haven't had a track added yet.
All dock lines, sheets, fenders, flares, life jackets, life ring, autopilot and any interior incidentals not made or bought by my wife will be included. The Cabin has 6ft/1in clearnce and the original liner is still in place. The asking price is $13,900.00. Call 845-227-9309 (It has an answering machine).

Starduff

Member II
Hi,

I am contacting you from Hawaii and am interested in your E-28. Where is the boat located?

Thank you.
Joe HIlllje

Hi Joe,

Polonius is located at Chelsie on Hudson in New York. She is on the hard with her boat cover still on. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• Duff-2.jpg
    Duff-2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Polonius' galley-2020.jpg
    Polonius' galley-2020.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Polonius' starboard setee and stationary locker - 2020.jpg
    Polonius' starboard setee and stationary locker - 2020.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Polonius with cover - 020320.jpg
    Polonius with cover - 020320.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Polonius galley & companion way - 2020.jpg
    Polonius galley & companion way - 2020.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 71
  • Polonius' under sail - 2019.jpg
    Polonius' under sail - 2019.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 70

Windancer808

Windancer
Thank you for your reply. Love the looks, she could be a serious contender. However any serious plans to transfer a vessel of this size from NY to HI is cost prohibitive. I am trying to limit my search to boats on the West Coast.

Mahalo ,
Joe

Starduff

Member II
Thank you for your reply. Love the looks, she could be a serious contender. However any serious plans to transfer a vessel of this size from NY to HI is cost prohibitive. I am trying to limit my search to boats on the West Coast.

Mahalo ,
Joe

Hi Joe,

No problem. I thought Polonius might be too far away for you. Good luck on your continued search!

Richrad

jdenlinger

I am finding that I need to sell my 1987, E-28. 28ft LOA, 10ft Beam, 5ft/6in draft w/fin keel, 7500 LBS Dsplacement, 3200LBS Ballest.
It will come with a custom made boat cover for off season storage and relatively new (hardly used) main (with Logo) and a 155% Genny (both are UK Passage Maker series); an older set Main and 130% Genny w/three wieghted sail cloths and darts for reefing. She also has a Bimini, Cockpit Cushions. Lazy Jacks, Anchor, Head w/Shower, Refrigeration,(and additional) New Cabin Sole (not installed)(the original is still in place). It has a Schaeffer Roller furler and sunbreller protection for both Head Sails, Sail Cover for the Main and also a Helm Cover for the Edison Wheel. There is also has a whisker pole, but I haven't had a track added yet.
All dock lines, sheets, fenders, flares, life jackets, life ring, autopilot and any interior incidentals not made or bought by my wife will be included. The Cabin has 6ft/1in clearnce and the original liner is still in place. The asking price is $13,900.00. Call 845-227-9309 (It has an answering machine).
Guessing you sold by now

Starduff

Member II
The boat is still in NY on the hard (jack stands) for the Winter. I visit every 2/3 weeks to check the cover, jack stands, etc. just to make sure everything is OK. Sorry, but I do not have any up to date additional pictures. What other details are you speaking of? I sent others but don't remember what they were.

Starduff

Member II
Sorry, I thought you were someone else.
It is a fully equipped Ericson 28 performance cruiser for coastal sailing. My wife and I took it to Kingston, on what used to be an annual club cruise and overnight party, about four times. Other than that, we occasionally raced it in club races (around the cans). It never has had any structural damage,

In answer to your questions:
1.The engine is the original, Universal M-12, 10HP, 2cylinder. Diesel. I replaced the electric starter last summer and taped one of the wires that was too close to another; all working.
2. Electronics are - depth gauge, knot meter (speedometer0, autopilot, Garmin (182 C) GPS and chart plotter, VHS radio, upgraded alternator, two Group 27 batteries ( I have a small solar panel on board to keep them charged, one at a time), I had the bilge pump hard wired (that is why I keep the solar panel hooked up when on the mooring), shoe power connection with DC/AC inverter switch (on bulk head panel); all working.
3. Hot and Cold water pressure shower, refrigeration, gimbaled stove (CNG); all working.
As for Projects, I am planning to replace the control line for the furling system (it broke while under reef in heavy air, when a sudden gust hit during my last sail of the season); I would like to replace the hot water tank when the budget allows; and I have a new cabin sole that I would like to install or it will go to the new owner.
4. Rigging is all original (when I bought it from previous owner).
5. I have often sailed her under full sails, main only, genoa only, depending on my desire, but mostly if the conditions allowed.
6. She (Polonius) has a jiffy reefing system, I have also manually reefed the main. Using the Schafer roller furler, I have also reefed the Genoa. I try to reef before I sail. I believe, Ericson recommended one reef at 14 kts wind on the E-28. ( some refer to it as E-28-2, although this is incorrect).
7. I have a CYC mooring, but you would be assigned a different one if you joined CYC. I already sold my dinghy.
It is a great family boat,