• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 29 mainsail (barely used) for sale...

jacksonkev

Member III
I have a mainsail off of my last boat (1971 Ericson 29) for sale.

Long story short, I bought an Ericson 30+ a few years ago after selling my E-29. The latter had major engine issues and a broken mast. I got a ton of low ball offers. So, I eventually took everything of value off the old boat and threw it in my garage and sold the boat to the highest, low offer. Most stuff transferred nicely to my new boat. Not the main sail or Atomic 4 stuff. And there it sits.

I sailed with this main maybe a dozen times before selling the boat.

Its a “2+2 Main” from Doyle Sailmakers (Bill Colombo designed it with SF Bay wind in mind)

-7.3 ounce Dacron
-2 std battens, 2 full battens, 2 reefs
-slides, headboard, insignia, bag

i paid $1500 then. I’m asking $400 or OBO for it. I’ve got the original receipt and work order.

I don’t think it’s practical to ship. I sail out of San Francisco. So, best if you’re in the Bay Area or close proximity.

See pic below. That’s sailing her full sail under the Golden Gate Bridge in 2013.

A3B0EA18-E1B0-4874-BE17-913603953360.jpg

Last edited:

jacksonkev

Member III
Now $500 o.b.o.

Price has been lowered to $500 o.b.o.

If you have an Ericson 29 with an older mainsail, I’d definitely consider this sail.

It’s “like new” and roughly 1/4 of the price of a new one.

Call me if you have any questions.

Kevin

(415) 298-9753

paul culver

Member III
Price has been lowered to $500 o.b.o.

If you have an Ericson 29 with an older mainsail, I’d definitely consider this sail.

It’s “like new” and roughly 1/4 of the price of a new one.

Call me if you have any questions.

Kevin

(415) 298-9753

Do you have the dimensions? E29 supposedly was available in tall and standard configurations.

jacksonkev

Member III
Do you have the dimensions? E29 supposedly was available in tall and standard configurations.

Good question, it’s the more common “standard rig”. The sail was built based on the following measurements...

I= 36.50
J= 12.24
P= 30.54
E= 12.04
(all in feet)

One thing I forgot to mention. The sail has a loose foot design. This is the standard nowadays.

chrisoelder

Member II
Does it fit 78 E27?

Hey, very interested in the sail if its still for sale (almost wrote sail haha).

Right now i have a J25 on my E27 but looking for something better and bigger. Do you know if this would fit a 78 E27?

Still pretty new with this info, thank you for patience with my ignorance

jacksonkev

Member III
Hey, very interested in the sail if its still for sale (almost wrote sail haha).

Right now i have a J25 on my E27 but looking for something better and bigger. Do you know if this would fit a 78 E27?

Still pretty new with this info, thank you for patience with my ignorance

Thanks for your interest BUT (unfortunately) my sail is too big for your E27. You need a sail with P = 28’ (or smaller) and E = 10’ (or smaller). Mine is roughly 30’x12’.

Here are the specs for your boat....

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/ericson-27

Good luck!

rpm

Member II
I’m in. Price is very attractive and I can use it. I could pick it up at your place. Call Richard at 203-810-9298. Thanks.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The OP last checked in during October, so best click on his name and message him privately.

jacksonkev

Member III
Hi all,

So sorry but I haven’t checked this in a while BUT the sail is still available and in its bag, safely in my garage.

If you’re interested, feel free to give me a call (or msg me here) and I’ll be sure to respond quicker this time:egrin:

Kevin

(415) 298-9753

jacksonkev

Member III
Hey. I will take it. For my E28+ if it’s what you say. Call me 203-810-9298.

Hi, sorry for the slow response...the sail is off of an Ericson 29.

If you have an E28+, it won't work. This sail would be about 4 feet shorter than yours and a foot longer along the boom.

For anyone else looking the specs are:

P: 30.54 ft / 9.31 m
E: 12.04 ft / 3.67 m

jacksonkev

Member III
still available ? location, condition ?? battens there

Yes, it’s still available. It’s in its original bag in my garage in San Francisco. It’s like new/barely used. All battens are intact. Just waiting for a new home.

Just a reminder...it came off of my previous boat, an Ericson 29 with a standard rig.

Let me know if you’re interested.

(415) 298-9753