• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30-1 Cutlass Question

Esolo

Moving up to E-38, my 1970 30-1 has got to go.

I have owned since 1989.
Good news, Currently installing a 1989 Yanmar 2 gm f. Atomic 4 is out.
PY shaft seal, all thru hulls changed to ball valves. Large sail inventory, 153 Mylar North, 140, Mylar Shore, 130 dacron, 170 dacron, Triradial spin, Asym spin, Originall Cross cut spin, Spin pole & all requqired gear, topping lift, sheets, etc. adjustable genoa lead cars, all control lines led aft to stoppers,
Barinet # 22 Primarys, Barient # 12 secondarys, Hydraulic Backstay, racing bottom with fresh coat of Petit Vivid (white, easy to clean in water). Bottom barrier coated & I would challenge anyone to have a better bottom on a 1970 boat. Numerous race awards, great sailing boat.

Bad news, I liked to sail the boat & not clean it. Decks have some soft spots in foredeck and along doghouse. (I started a repair on the fordeck.) I have the foam for cushions, but not covered, Hatches require rebuilding in main saloon & compainon way. Lots of teak that is in fair condition, since I left it alone. Teak rub rail on port side cracked. Bow sprit has minor bend, (race contact) Hull is flag Blue & looks great from 50 feet, but up close need repainting.

Boat lying in Babylon NY, on the hard, my backyard.

Will consider all offers
Kevin Padden, 631-241-0482
Hi, I just purchased an Ericson 30-1 and need to change the cutless. Can you tell me what size it is. I think it is a 3/4 X 11/4 X 3; it that true?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
This post was patched onto an older for-sale thread, and really needed to be in the Maintenance Forum where it will be seen by more owners.
So I moved it. Hope the OP is ok with that.
Regards,
Loren