• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30+ for $4500 (Wilmington, CA)

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Wow, these E30+ boats usually sell for much more! I wonder if there are other issues, or need for a fast sale.
Frank

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Wow, these E30+ boats usually sell for much more! I wonder if there are other issues, or need for a fast sale.
Frank
I'm voting with Frank. Perhaps the owner has a pressing cash need and wants his money by Tuesday?
Or he/she is hoping for a bidding war?
Or...... the boat has a long laundry list of deferred maintenance items. (I am uncertain just where to apply Occam's Razor to this ad.)

billie williams

Member II
We met a guy named Landon several years ago when he had a different boat advertised on CL (I think in Long Beach). That Landon ran a marine salvage company - when he was called to dismantle a boat that he felt had better potential to sell, he would list it instead. He does have a pretty cool salvage yard inland.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I think Billie has the explanation.

Looks like the engine doesn't run. Fuel pump--or injector pump? Now there's a deterrent.

Sails shot, sail cover rotten. Mast paint faded. Running rigging turned to baggywrinkle. Hatches crazed. Probably the boat doesn't show well and needs immediate sweat and money.

Hard to sell such a boat (except to one of us). So, ah--why are we so interested.... :)