• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30+ Metrics

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member

I am researching options for down wind sailing with a parasailor: web site:
http://www.istec.ag
Never heard of parasailors but an article perked my interest especially where I am looking for downwind options

Completing the request for quote there are three measurements I am unfamiliar with:
  1. "I" Measurement -
    Height of jib halyard above deck
  2. "ISP" Measurement -
    Height of spinnaker halyard above deck
  3. "J" Measurement -
    Distance from mast foot to forestay attachment point of deck

If anyone knows these three measurements for a 1983 E 30+, please pass along.
my assumption is the height of the mast and the height of the marconi forestay answer 1 and 3

MJS

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I got interested, sounded just right for singlehanded downwind for long periods.

Then I got the price quote....

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Final pricing for an Ericson 30+ Parasailor

Mark,

Sorry for the dealay on getting back to you. The past weeks have been crazy but now that Christmas is behind us I am not catching up with the leads.

Here is the pricing on a Parasailor for your Ericson 30:

Sail Area 732ft[SUP] 2[/SUP] (68m[SUP] 2[/SUP])

The sail will come with the recovery sock and the oval shaped funnel as well as the ISTEC bag. (Everything will fit in the bag)

To include Sail (Parasailor), Recovery Sock (Easysnuffer), compression sail bag (The ISTEC Cruising Bag) and freight to the USA is $4,881

We offer three type of designs. These are “Passion”, “Vision” & “Emotion”

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Here's my quote from 2015:

Thank you for your interest in Parasailor.

Please see below general info on why the Parasailor is the best and safest option for downwind sail for cruisers.

Here is the pricing on a Parasailor for your 32-3:

Sail Area 840ft[SUP] 2[/SUP] (78m[SUP] 2[/SUP]) Wing Area 129ft[SUP]2[/SUP] (12m[SUP] 2[/SUP])

The sail will come with the recovery sock and the oval shaped funnel as well as the ISTEC bag. (Everything will fit in the bag)

To include Sail (Parasailor), Recovery Sock (Easysnuffer), compression sail bag (The ISTEC Cruising Bag) and freight to the USA is $6,069

If you order the sail no later than February 16th (the last day of the Miami show) I am able to sell with a 10% boat show discount which means that’s a saving of $606, bringing the sail to $5,462 J