• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30 Models

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I am researching a main sail purchase for Discovery, a 1983 E-30, from Bacon Sails in Annapolis.
They have a nice search capability https://baconsails.com/bacon/__new_sail.php, that I am using but it has me confused.

It lists 5 versions of the Ericson 30 and I am not sure what to make of it.
  1. Ericson 30
  2. Ericson 30 STD
  3. Ericson 30-1
  4. Ericson 30-2
  5. Ericson 30-2 STD
Does anyone have an opinion?

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It looks like they developed their own nomenclature. Since they do not ID the Ericson 30+, I wonder if they have a measurement set for each of their "versions" ?

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Loren,

I am of the impression that I need to speak with another sail maker, Ulman, Quantum, Doyle,... basically reputable houses.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Mark,

I, and others here have had great experiences with used sails from Bacons in the past. I haven’t read much feedback on their new sails, however.

When you select the boat model on their search site, it shows the I,J,P,E dimensions for that model. All that matters is that the sail fits those dimensions.

Also, I think the Bacon site uses "SD” for shoal draft keel models, though that should not really be relevant for sail selection.

Last edited: