• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30+ Peregrine Heart

patuco

Greetings to All,

A bit nervous here as this is my first post on the site, although I've been following for several years, trying to learn as much as possible from all of you out there. I am pretty much in awe of the knowledge and expertise on the site and thank everyone for the motivation that comes with you sharing your posts.

On April 27 I completed a 20 day passage from Oceanside, CA (Del Mar Marina) to Hilo, Hawaii, with one crew on board. Once there, we picked up one additional crew and enjoyed a 12 day cruise ending up at the Hawaii Yacht Club in Honolulu. Can't say enough good things about about the club and the members there.

I'm currently in Hanalei Bay, Kauai, and plan on departing solo later today (June 27) for Port Townsend, WA. If anyone out there is interested in following, here are a couple of (public) tracking links (not sure if I can post, but here goes)

And a pic here in Kauai.

Cheers
Michael French
87E77CA4-5B2C-4EF5-B313-9CB495E1535F.jpeg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Michael,
I would really appreciate it if you could post your views on how the E30+ handled the trip. We have owned our 1984 E30+ for 15 years, but have only done coastal cruising in British Columbia and the San Juan Islands in Washington. We love our boat, and I've wondered how she would handle blue water sailing. Also what modifications did you do in preparation for your trip.
Thanks!
Frank

Epenn

1985 E30+, San Francisco, CA
I very much agree with Frank. As a fellow 30+ owner on the west coast, I find this so inspiring.

Evan

Shankara

Member II
Hey Michael,

It was great to meet you in the Crescent City marina today, and I was inspired to see you head south into the fog. Your sailboat was extremely beautiful, impressive and inspiring!

Fair winds and following seas!
Shankara