• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32-3 Fwd Dorade/Cowl size?

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Hi all, long time no post. Anyone happen to know if the forward cowl vent on the dorade box is a 3" or 4" Or something else?

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
IMG_0318.png
3” on the cowel vents. I had the scoops but no plugs. Installed these and was able to close them to keep rain out of the damn cowel boxes

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I went a slightly different route.

the deck-plate for my dorade has a raised flange with an OD of 3-1/4". I found a Nicro hood that - with a little mod, fits snugly onto that flange

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/nicro-oval-pvc-cowl-vent-with-deck-plate-mount/n10963

I cut mine off just above the plastic ring that is around the lower edge. Was about $50 then, price seems to have gone up (!) but... looks great, and works great.

$.02
Bruce
Has yours started turning yellow/crazing? I replaced my two aft vents with ones like this and they're starting to look like my old ones did.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Has yours started turning yellow/crazing? I replaced my two aft vents with ones like this and they're starting to look like my old ones did.
Our local hardware store had some "vinyl paint" in spray cans that seemed to work for several years at a time on our old vents. (FWIW)