• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32 on CL

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks like a E-32-3.
The ad reads, with misspelled words, like it might have been written by a third party. Perhaps there is a reason for the low price. Agree that the condition of the sole and the staining up a half foot or so looks suspicious.
Maybe it's just another "live aboard" boat... we see them, in various states of disrepair, in the rivers adjacent to Portland. (sigh) :(

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Looks like the standard 32-3 interior to me.

I'll interject a random bit of trivia.... when I was looking for my 32-III, I gave the 34-2 and 35-3 a close look thinking one might be an interesting alternative

On the 35-3, most of the the fore-and-aft dimensions of the interior setup are virtually identical to the 32-3. The major fore-and-aft differences are the addition of a shower enclosure in the head, a bigger hanging locker across from the head, and more room in the wine locker. Athwartships, 6" more beam works out to a slightly roomier salon, and slightly wider quarter-berth and v-berth.

No idea if the writer of the ad knew that or was just spouting things that sounded marketing-ish. But... there's actually a tiny bit of truth to it.

E32-E35.JPG

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
You're giving him more credit than I would. I'll bet he thinks the 32-200 is the "standard" cabin and that this boat has a "custom" cabin designed to look like the (very similar, as you point out) 35-300.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I see a few of odd things in the ad and the pics:
- ad says 1987 manufacture, but the traveler is the 'short version, that was only(?) on the 1984 model - changed to the longer version after that year
- seems like there's a teak panel on the top of the cockpit coaming - I haven't seen that before on a 32-3, but maybe it was an original custom add-on, or a PO addition for better traction when stepping into/out of the cockpit.
- the ad's title indicates $12K price but at the bottom of the ad it says asking $9K, with good offers accepted.

- owner apparently really wants it gone - may be a steal, or, may not ...

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Very comfortable vibe indeed! See the huge bong sitting on table…

I would be very cautious looking at this boat. Check title and owner ID for a match before any $$ changes hands.

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Two out of eight are identical and not very helpful cockpit shots and one is of a sunset. Somehow these pics almost seem like whoever snapped them didn't want it known they were taking photos.

It is in a marina however. With transferrable moorage. In my area there's stories of people buying $12,000 boats just to get the slip. I hope this boat can find the right new owner.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Do the water marks at the base of the V berth indicate it took on water?

Yes. And the water level was above the floorboards for weeks. Note Image 7 of 8 in the link.

1631893369672.png