• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 35-III for sale on FB Sailboat swap page

dofthesea

Member I
Ericson 35-III for sale on FB Sailboat swap page, I do not know the owner. He's looking for offers.

Sellers FB ID

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Interesting. FB is a closed digital ecosystem. Friend of mine recently sold his 24 foot sailboat on that venue. It was difficult to access but I did get in. In our area it had a fraction of the numbers of boats on CL, but what counts is that he did find a buyer.
Lots of us have no interest in joining and giving any of our info to FB -- their reputation for privacy is non existent.

Having said that, there ARE a number of little venues for selling stuff -- in 2012 I sold my previous pickup truck on the local version of Kajigi. At that time it allowed a robust ad with big photos and the site had a professional "look". I think it may have been bought out.
There are other "free" sites, and I find that several have gallons of ancient listings, long abandoned by the listing owners.
As Jimmy Buffet said about something or other: "It's a jungle out there...."
:)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Have to join Facebook to follow up

Jon Roberts
21htSplonesloreSld
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/l...5SQFwldrDezvmg5YeAZCaNP6B4EqCm4Q&__tn__=*bH-R
$100 · SCARBOROUGH, ME
1983 Ericson 35-iii

MAKE ME AN OFFER!
This is a 1983 Ericson E35-III. We have owned it for approximately 10 years. It comes with Jib, Main, and cruising spinnaker in a sock. The sails are good for cruising but if you are planning to race you would want to replace. The main sail cover, dodger, Bimini cover, binnacle cover, BBQ cover were all replaced last year in Sunbrella Navy. There is a canvas full boat winter cover. Rigging was inspected by Portland Yacht Service in 2019. Winches were services this season. Bottom is in decent shape but does have some paint build up. Universal M-25 Engine is very reliable. Plumbing, fridge, autopilot, VHS including cockpit mic, all work well. Comes with small chartplotter GPS. The other instruments... wind, depth, speed, etc. only work intermittently. Has a separate full stand up shower. Can also negotiate to include a new this year Zodiac Wave 275 HD dingy and Mercury 5 hp outboard. More details and pictures available.
It needs some cosmetics and some updating but this is a great boat and has served us well. We just don't use it enough.
First reasonable offer that can take possession of the boat before October 15th takes it. Prices online for this model range from 20-40k.
Might consider a full or partial trade for: 4x4 truck, Jeep, Harley, WRX, Camaro, M3, . 20-26' fishing boat with trailer, or other fun toy. If it's here it's available. located in the water ready sail away in South Portland Maine

+9

$100 · SCARBOROUGH, ME
1983 Ericson 35-iii

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Not that I'm in the market for a boat in Maine, but I find it hard to take these 'Make Me An Offer!' type of listings seriously. Pictures make it seem like a pretty nice boat. Why not just list the price at which one is willing to sell and save everyone a lot of time and energy? Might consider partial trade for a Camaro or fishing boat? Come on....

I have used Facebook marketplace but I still like Craigslist and eBay better. I think that makes me old.

-------------------------

Complaints aside, thanks for posting this, @dofthesea, because it has helped me learn that there exists on FB a page called:

With people selling used boat parts. This seems like a good idea or alternative to eBay.

clayton

Member III
Looks pretty original. I've got the same deep shape on my 32-200, has that rounded lower front edge and slight forward rake to the trailing edge.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
'84 E381. The bottom paint is worn down to the barrier coat because she was sitting in mud at low tide.

E381 keel .JPG

Tarrymore

Member I
Looks pretty original. I've got the same deep shape on my 32-200, has that rounded lower front edge and slight forward rake to the trailing edge.

Looks nothing like the keel in the 35-MK3 drawing above. There are no rounded edges in either original keel at least on SB Data's / Ericson's drawing. Was this the actual '83 keel then updated for '85? The 83 keel's edges are wavy. 85 model looks far more refined. 83 looks hand shaped and I imagine would be far less efficient.

Attachments

• ericson-35.jpg
    ericson-35.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

clayton

Member III
Definitely quite different, the '85 looks to be thicker in section as well. Best side view photo I have of my keel.

Attachments

• travel lift.jpeg
    travel lift.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 10

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Here is the keel of my '85 E35-3 (click photo for a sharp enlargement):

Attachments

• 103A848A-59D6-405B-8F5F-BC029548A003.jpeg
    103A848A-59D6-405B-8F5F-BC029548A003.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 32

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Upload test--random image.

Why are the thumbnails above blurry? Were they uploaded using the "Insert Image" button, perhaps?

Dragging photos in doesn't seem to do that. Let's identify the glitch.

winch drum.JPG

Attachments

• winch drum.JPG
    winch drum.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Upload test--random image.

Why are the thumbnails above blurry? Were they uploaded using the "Insert Image" button, perhaps?

Dragging photos in doesn't seem to do that. Let's identify the glitch.

View attachment 35652
I used the "Attach files" in order to get the photo from my photo album...same a many times before...don't know why the image is blurry without enlargement.

clayton

Member III
I used the same “attach files”. Chose the recommended “at least 400 x 400” sizing. I also tried to update the avatar with a photo but it came out rotated 90 degrees. I’m a professed Luddite in regard to iPhone/iPad interaction with the internet, so there’s always a chance I screwed something up...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Same thing happens for me, as in Post #13. I'll ask Sean.
Yes, I'm seeing this also. Found the solution - was a change in the update. Will post about it in the support section:

Thanks,
//sse

Last edited:

clayton

Member III
Hauled out this morning, took a photo of my keel. Original as far as I know...

Attachments

• 0E5A0102-4A14-4530-88B9-772CB9F1AC0D.jpeg
    0E5A0102-4A14-4530-88B9-772CB9F1AC0D.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 17