• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 38 For Sale - Meticulous Owners

lauren mckenney

<meta name="Title" content=""> <meta name="Keywords" content=""> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"> <link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/laurenmckenney/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:pages>1</o:pages> <o:Words>135</o:Words> <o:Characters>772</o:Characters> <o:Company>n/a</o:Company> <o:Lines>6</o:Lines> <o:paragraphs>1</o:paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>948</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>12.0</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Zapfino; panose-1:3 3 3 0 4 7 7 7 12 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Zapfino; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Zapfino; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--StartFragment--> With the loss of our father this past year,
we have made the heavy hearted decision
to sell my parents baby. We hope to find
new owners that give her as much love and
adventure as Marilyn & Gordon did.<o:p></o:p>

STARDUST Ericson 38 is officially for sale.<o:p></o:p>
* Year: 1982<o:p></o:p>
* Current Price: US$ 55,000 <o:p></o:p>
* Located In Gloucester, MA<o:p></o:p>
* Hull Material: Fiberglass<o:p></o:p>
* Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel<o:p></o:p>
* YW# 1619-2161420 <o:p></o:p>
2009:<o:p></o:p>
New Roller Furler System $4,500<o:p></o:p>
New Hydraulic backstay $175<o:p></o:p>
New Teak Flooring $7,200<o:p></o:p>
New Stove Sensor System $680<o:p></o:p>
Interior Deep Clean $1,900<o:p></o:p>
2006 Surveyed by Nat Clapp, Marine Surveyor - "Overall Vessel Rating: " Above Average"<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>2004:<o:p></o:p>
Engine rebuild $5,000<o:p></o:p>
Replaced electronics: <o:p></o:p>
Raytheon Model R9 Radar System $1,600<o:p></o:p>
Raytheon SL 520 GPS Plotter System $1,675<o:p></o:p>
Intrepid VHF $415<o:p></o:p>
RAM Mike $125<o:p></o:p>
[2] C-MAP Cartridges $400<o:p></o:p>
Radar Display Bracket $45<o:p></o:p>
Old cable replacement / Install new $1,200
*** Listed with Eastern Yacht Sales Marblehead. Listing URL to follow: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...ncyid=100&city=&pbsint=&boatsAddedSelected=-1

*** In addition, feel free to email me directly: mckenney.lauren@gmail.com

<!--EndFragment-->

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice looking boat, as much as can be seen from the distant two small pictures on their ad. You might want to put up some photos here showing a lot more of the deck and the interior.
Each reply here can have up to five photos, and size each pic at about 800 X 800 pixels for the upload.

LB

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thank you for the link

Maybe it's just me, but for their hoped-for 10%, they need to do a lot better job in their advertising...
(Or, split that comm. 50-50 with you.) :cool:

Looking thru that photo album of the boat under sail must evoke some strong memories.

You're a good kid, doing your best to get thru a difficult time.

LB

Last edited:

lauren mckenney

Loren,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes ... very very dear and fond memories...
My parents tossed us on their sailboats every single solitary weekend of every spring, summer and fall our entire life, rain or shine. They are amazing roll models and I feel more than fortunate to have had them as my parents. All should be so lucky.

It will be very sad day when we part with Stardust.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
she l@@ks very nice....

richard
colorado

:egrin:

Loren,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes ... very very dear and fond memories...
My parents tossed us on their sailboats every single solitary weekend of every spring, summer and fall our entire life, rain or shine. They are amazing roll models and I feel more than fortunate to have had them as my parents. All should be so lucky.

It will be very sad day when we part with Stardust.

Stardust38

Member I
Happy to report that I am the new owner of Stardust. I plan to stay in contact with Lauren and her family. My wife and kids and I are going to be living aboard and will spend our first few months here in Massachusetts staying in Salem. Then we'll head south once the weather turns cold. We're looking forward to the start of our new life and new adventure. :egrin:

Last edited:

WBurgner

Member III
Welcome

Welcome aboard Stardust38. You will find the site provides a wealth of information in the archives and a terrific group of people ready to help you through getting to know Stardust.

Stardust38

Member I
Thank you, kindly. I'm looking forward to getting her in the water, once we get the last few things taken care of. I see you're in Orlando. We used to live in Eastwood. Disliked the Homeowners Association there, but loved the area.

WBurgner

Member III
HOAs can be a pain, I agree.

Give a shout if you start to consider sailing in the Bradenton to St Pete area. We have kept our boat there for the past eight years might be able to give feedback on marinas, etc.

Stardust38

Member I
Thanks again. We're still running into issues with trying to get her into the water. Mostly it's waiting on other people to get around to doing things(insurance quotes or even getting return calls from insurance agents, riggers not getting around to getting certain parts they need so needing to get other riggers, finding that the original rigger had the rigging still in his shop after he was fired and decided not to bring it back to the boat knowing the new riggers were coming to do the job) and all sorts of other crap like that. We'll get in the water eventually, but I really do want it to be sooner rather than later.

WBurgner

Member III
Yep, that sounds like boating all right. If you ever get down to the gulf coast I can recommend some reliable folks.