• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 41 In Good Old Boat

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Good Old Boat is looking for opinions on e41s.

We are looking for input from current and former owners of the Ericson 41 for an upcoming boat review. Do you own, or have you owned, an Ericson 41? Perhaps you know someone who owns or has owned one? (If so, please forward this message!)

We need all comments by January 16. Please send them to Dan Spurr and be sure to include the year/model of your particular boat, your name, and your city/state (or province).

Specifically, Dan wants to know about:

· sailing characteristics (good and bad)

· build quality (issues and accolades)

· what you like most about your boat

· what you like least about your boat

· specific problems you’ve had with this boat (such as leaky hull/deck joint)

· advice you would give to someone considering buying this boat

· similar boats you think would be good candidates for the Design Comparisons page

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
There is one in my marina, two fingers over......Talisman I believe.

She was the picture of loveliness but i don't often see anyone around her and haven't for some time. Looks sad. The mast is down and strapped on deck if its the same condition as last I saw it. I have wondered what has gone on with her but during this pandemic many boats are neglected. I struggle to get away to visit mine in fact, so no criticism at all.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I know there is a green-hull E41 up in British Columbia, but am not sure at this moment who's it is. I'll see if I cannot run that down and forward your message to them (unless that's Mr.Scarlett's E41...?).

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I know there is a green-hull E41 up in British Columbia, but am not sure at this moment who's it is. I'll see if I cannot run that down and forward your message to them (unless that's Mr.Scarlett's E41...?).

//sse
Hi Sean, Remember visiting aboard, at Pt Townsend? That was over a decade ago and I believe it's been sold since then. Lovely boat!

Mr. Scarlett

Member III

//sse
Yes, that must be the same 41 (not mine). It was in a False Creek marina. I'll be stopping by there to see a friend in a day or two and will report back.

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Here are some pics from yesterday.
I was reluctant to go right up and take pics of the cockpit and deck but I did have a look. The hose/cord/tarp setup hasn't changed since I first noticed it last summer. This leads me to believe that the boat has not moved in some time and may not move in the near future. But it looks like somebody still cares for her. It is by no means neglected. The owner of a Scepter 36 on the same dock informed me that it is lived on full time, but the boat was locked when I observed . I'll go by there again and see if I can meet the owner.

Attachments

• 20220113_085437.jpg
    20220113_085437.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220113_085448.jpg
    20220113_085448.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220113_084614.jpg
    20220113_084614.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220113_085515.jpg
    20220113_085515.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 28

u079721

Contributing Partner
Here are some pics from yesterday.
I was reluctant to go right up and take pics of the cockpit and deck but I did have a look. The hose/cord/tarp setup hasn't changed since I first noticed it last summer. This leads me to believe that the boat has not moved in some time and may not move in the near future. But it looks like somebody still cares for her. It is by no means neglected. The owner of a Scepter 36 on the same dock informed me that it is lived on full time, but the boat was locked when I observed . I'll go by there again and see if I can meet the owner.
That is just beautiful, and certainly well maintained. But from the looks of the waste hose rigged on deck and coiled by the bow it sure doesn't look as if she gets underway too often.