• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 41 "Sunshine"

billie williams

Member II
Today, while roaming around King Harbor Marina, (Redondo Beach, Calif)I happened upon the most beautiful E41, "Sunshine". She has been upgraded all around, has a white dodger and sports red covers on everything, including the toe rail. Since my late husband and I owned and cruised an E41 in the 1980's, I slipped onto the dock to see more. The boat is pristine.

I'd really like to speak to her owners. Is there a way to possibly locate them on this forum by searching on boat names? I've tried several different ways to no avail. Any input from the ye ol' knowledgeable ones??? Or even those who just want to guess? :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If the vessel is documented, there is a USCG on-line registry to use to look up the name. Sometimes you find an individual owner and other times a corporation. It varies.

markvone

Sustaining Member
Billie,

I'd leave a note with your contact info on the boat and mention your history with the E41. I would provide both phone and email. The owner can choose to contact you or decline if they are super famous and/or worried about your mental stability. : )

FWIW, the USCG has removed all Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from the documented vessel database making it pretty useless. No owner name, maker or hull number any more, only boat name and hailing port of any use. There were NO boats of the correct year and length range in the database to be an E41.

Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Billie,

I'd leave a note with your contact info on the boat and mention your history with the E41. I would provide both phone and email. The owner can choose to contact you or decline if they are super famous and/or worried about your mental stability. : )

FWIW, the USCG has removed all Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from the documented vessel database making it pretty useless. No owner name, maker or hull number any more, only boat name and hailing port of any use. There were NO boats of the correct year and length range in the database to be an E41.

Mark
Wow. That's a change in the last few years. I used to commonly look up vessels and at least minimal ID for owners.
:(

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Billie, I found this in the forum here (posted 2010);

E-41 Sunshine

I agree that the Ericson 41 is certainly one of the most beautiful production yachts ever built. I have owned my 1971 Ericson 41, Sunshine, since 1974, and she has proven to be an extraordinarily strong and sea kindly yacht. Over the past few years she has had a major refit and upgrade, including the latest electronics, autopilot, radar, diesel genset, watermaker, reefer, Schaeffer in boom reefer/furler with full batten main and electric winch, rigging, opening ports, and new LP. I personally think that she is now one the best representatives of her marque! We are looking forward to cruising. If you happen to be at Catalina this summer, there is a good chance that you can find us on our mooring in Cherry Cove (B-9). If you happen to be in Redondo Beach, you she is in slip J-2 in King Harbor Marina (near the King Harbor Yacht Club). I would be happy to show her to other E41 enthusiasts. Just give me a call, 310.717.6552.

As you can surmise, she is not for sale. Sorry, JLK. - Mike
:egrin: