• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson prices keep going up, up >>>

1911tex

Sustaining Member

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Dunno... real estate prices in my little valley have become completely farcical over the last few months. It seems beyond belief but some little shacks are actually selling for what a good sized mcmansion would have cost a couple of years ago. Someone out there has money and is itchin to spend it.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
My wife is a realtor here and sold 4 houses this month...each one did not require a listing...only a "coming soon" sign in front and then it was high bid. And I live in a Sun City retirement community just North of Austin in Georgetown. 12,000 rooftops and only 8 resales presently!! Unbelievable...Crazy! Roads are jammed with construction trucks all over the Austin area; traffic is horrendous!

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Could it be that "tangible assets" are actually appreciating as we print up a trillion here, a trillion there?

Oh, wait, no. Tesla is priced at 160X earnings, a bitcoin is worth $48,000, and gold fetches less than it did a decade ago.

I'll stick with farcical and crazy.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Kenneth K....interesting you mentioned Tesla....our son just bought a new expensive one 3 weeks ago. Our freeze over the last week shut down electricity and water...He lives in Austin and his wife drives an electric Honda. Both were afoot for a week with dead batteries!! They had to walk...yes WALK 10 blocks in freezing snow and ice to a 7/11 to buy supplies...and guess what? They were closed due to weather! The weather thawed out yesterday and we had to go give him a jump in the Honda (can't do that in a Tesla) so they could go find a grocery and go to work!

NOTE: Their electricity went on last night...I think it takes several hours to charge up the Tesla. I filled up my pickup this morning...took 7 minutes.

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Dunno... I keep feeling the urge to see what crazy offers I'd get - retire next week maybe. And perhaps buy a larger Ericson?
But I can't help remembering when I was a little kid, Great Gramma sold off that 1000 acres across the road for $20 an acre. The area with all the McMansions on 5 acre lots now... She thought it was a lot of cash at the time!

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Dunno... I keep feeling the urge to see what crazy offers I'd get - retire next week maybe. And perhaps buy a larger Ericson?
But I can't help remembering when I was a little kid, Great Gramma sold off that 1000 acres across the road for $20 an acre. The area with all the McMansions on 5 acre lots now... She thought it was a lot of cash at the time!
Check you might still have mineral rights....! Put a wonky old rig or natural gas station right in their front yards !

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
There seems to be a boom in sailing right now in the Bay Area. I don’t have a long history here but marine services are busy have you on a wait list. There were 100’s of boats out on the bay on the weekend and we are in mid-winter February. I don’t know what the market is here for older boats, but I see a lot of boats from 90’s to 2010 era around .

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
My wife is a realtor here and sold 4 houses this month...each one did not require a listing...only a "coming soon" sign in front and then it was high bid. And I live in a Sun City retirement community just North of Austin in Georgetown. 12,000 rooftops and only 8 resales presently!! Unbelievable...Crazy! Roads are jammed with construction trucks all over the Austin area; traffic is horrendous!
Oracle headquarters is moving to Austin. People moving there are getting a big relief form SF Bay area housing prices.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
And I thought it was the beautiful Texas hill country with magnificent 7 highland lakes, Texas friendly, 900+ miles East to West and North to South borders, Gulf coast seashore Islands, desert mountains and huge East Texas Pine forests, the Alamo, only state that was an independent Nation, Mexico, and used to be warm winters?? Too many California folks moving here already!

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
And I thought it was the beautiful Texas hill country with magnificent 7 highland lakes, Texas friendly, 900+ miles East to West and North to South borders, Gulf coast seashore Islands, desert mountains and huge East Texas Pine forests, the Alamo, only state that was an independent Nation, Mexico, and used to be warm winters?? Too many California folks moving here already!
That's why Oracle moved there.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Don't forget the other Republic - Vermont - lake sailors too.