• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EV100 Installation for E34-2

JSM

Member III
Finally had enough with the old Autohelm 2000 and popped for a new Raymarine EV100. Would very much appreciate hearing from E34-2 owners on where you have installed the components.

EGregerson

Member III
That looks like a nice set up. I installed the computer on the wall (strboard ice box) under the nav table; drilled up thru to run cables to the elect panel. then pulled cables thru the head (up above the vinyl inside the cabinets) thru the existing cable holes; (I might have actually drilled new holes; its been 12 years; the existing holes are small with lots of cables already). the displays are fixed thru holes from the head (after pulling cables thru the strbd lazerette) ; displays are visable from anywhere in the cockpit pretty much. Had to fashion a ring to downsize the original hole; glassed it in. fair winds

Attachments

• Depth Finder hole.JPG
    Depth Finder hole.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 29

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Lots of commentary on instrument arrays. For starters,

JSM

Member III
I probably shoud have been a bit more specific in my original post. I was wondering where the optimal places to mount the actuator and the sensor on a E34-2 might be.

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Not sure how close your galley is to the 32-3's, but maybe this is useful - I aped GrandpaSteve's location for the EV-1:

1592716332608.png

The ACU-100 lives inside the starboard lazarette, mounted on the plywood structure just behind the bench itself.

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
In our 34-2 the EV-1 and ACU-100 are mounted on the forward bulkhead of the starboard lazarette. I like to keep things out of view if possible.

32FF92E4-EAAA-4112-B596-33015B63FF0B.jpegI

The EV-1 is connected to a NMEA2000 network, not a SeatalkNG network, using one of these:

The EV-100 system is capable of steering to more than a compass course. It can steer to a route set by a MFD (we have a Garmin 942xs) or to the wind if you have a wind vane connected to the NMEA2000 / SeatalkNG network. What other electronics will you be connecting to the EV-100?

JSM

Member III
Thanks All for the info, just what I needed. mbp, at the present time the EV-100 is the first NMEA 2000 instrument on the boat. This year is refrigeration and the new autopilot. Next toy on the list is a Raymarine Axiom 9.
Chicago harbors finally open today, time to install the EV-100 and make up for lost time!

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Check the comments of this blog entry for some additional suggestions on where others have placed gadgetry: