• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

exhaust deflector

steven

Sustaining Member
I'm now parked stern to the dock. The exhaust points straight out the stern and the A4 throws cooling water around 10 feet.
Which get water all over the dock. Anyone know of a simple solution to deflect ?
For example is there an automotive elbow that would fit on the end - without welding ?

thanks,, Steve
1651534122371.jpeg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I know of at least one boat in our marina with a molded rubber 90 degree "elbow" attached to their transom exhaust, to solve this problem.
Best to measure the OD of the fitting and check with a NAPA store? Perhaps?

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Maybe not as nice as having one of the many marine fabricators in the Annapolis area (you’ll know where to find them) make a new stainless fitting for you, but a rubber exhaust elbow may do the trick.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Could you mount a shield (acrylic, plywood, ) to the dock? Though that would probably be in the way of dock lines.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Or tape on a 45-degree ABS or Schedule 80 PVC elbow and see what happens. Black might not even look bad.

That drives the price down to $5. :)

steven

Sustaining Member
thanks for suggestions. Ended up with $10 solution from Home Depot. Rubber pipe connector.

Note its held on with a hose clam. I' rather hold it on w an adhesive. Anyone know what will bond rubber to ss, but could later be removed and clean up the SS ? Will silicone calk work ?

exhaust 90deg bend (IMG_1177).JPG