• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Exhaust riser sheered off.

Sailhound

Member II
My exhaust riser failed completely yesterday and I have a trip coming up this weekend. This is an Ericson '32-2 with an Atomic 4. I won't be able to get the part from Moyer in time and I am thinking about building it myself. Has anyone done this with success?

Many thanks.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I had the nipple coming off the riser fail on me under way - sheared right off. Lucky for me I happened to be looking in the engine compartment at the time of failure, trying to run down a ozone smell (new alternator on the horizon) when it popped. But - mine was a Universal M25 - so a different animal...

Because I had the old heavy universal riser and I took the opportunity to reduce the weight by replacing it with a new one. The vibration over the years must have caused metal fatigue and it finally let go. Of course, I had just repainted the engine compartment and it was nice and clean, etc....

You may also wish to see this thread: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/ma...r-elbow-replacement-with-support-bracket.541/

Attachments

• 061703_engine_lower_lrg.jpg
    061703_engine_lower_lrg.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23