• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fan in port light

tpcorrigan

Member II
Hi all, does any one know of a fan/port light that fits into the standard 15" port used in the head of most Ericsons. I have looked and have found nothing. I can probably make my own adaptation but thought there might be a unit out there that has been manufactured. Thanks in advance. TPCorrigan

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You could 'home brew' something like this adaption I found on an old posting on another forum.
12 volt muffin fans are widely available. Add wiring and a switch... and a mounting scheme.
You might need a filler piece of acrylic on each side to really control the flow. Or, just mount two of these little rectangular fans side by side. They do not use much power.

Attachments

• Muffin fan adaption.jpeg
    Muffin fan adaption.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 15

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I put one in line with the bilge blower and another over the head. The amperage is small and the boat has a 50W solar panel on the hood over the companionway.
i-CsnNhGZ-X4.jpg

i-P4CTgNz-X4.jpg

i-KvwJxzM-X4.jpg

i-9cTwzR7-X4.jpg

tpcorrigan

Member II
Thanks for the Ideas. I was thinking along the lines of what Loren found but was hoping for a manufactured unit that looked better that what I could do myself. Thanks for the Input.