• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fixed port lights ericson 32-1989

EW CLUCAS

To one and all :
any sources available for replacment fixed cabin side windows ? Many thanks in advance
Ted Cucas
Oxford , Md. 21654
E-mail :tabc@starband.net

kevin81

Member II
Ted,
I would recommend contacting Bomon Marine. I replaced all four fixed ports last year with Bomon ports and I was very satisfied with their customer support and the product.
Here is a link to their website:
http://www.bomon.com/index.htm

Kevin
1989 E34

cawinter

Member III
Price?

Can you comment on the price per port light? I assume they were four different frames because of the differences in shape between fore/aft and orientation stbd/port?

cawinter

Member III
options

The other option I had contemplated was to take the existing ports out and replace them with polycarbonate through-bolted from the outside similar to one of the projects on the Owner's Projects site here.

I had discussed this with Select Plastics but I never got a price for the pre-drilled custom-shaped lenses. 4x$300 is steep but it would look nice...:unsure:

Thanks for the good link!

Glyn Judson

The port light dilemma.

Chris, Ted and all, An E-27 owner here in Marina del Rey through bolted dark polycarbonate over the apertures where the old Ericson port lights were with the result that it made the boat look like a McGreggor. Another E-27 owner went one step further and covered the entire span of the area of all the port lights, the large ones as well as the small ones with one continuous length of the same material. Actually he used two very long pieces butt joined together. The result was equally horrible looking. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

treilley

Sustaining Partner
That sounds horrific. I hope Bruce doesn't see it.

A guy here in Portland took the then available Lewmar portlights and used the LH and RH versions side by side. He had to do some glass work as those ports are the exact same size rather than the sloping shapes of the originals.

He did excellent work and I must admit I would not have noticed the difference had I not known.

Last edited: