• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

For sale: hinge replacement for Lewmar hatch

sailingdeacon

Member III
New replacement hinges for a Lewmar Rollstop (style name) hatch. The Rollstop hatches were made from ’86 to ’92. Fits the size 50 (444 x 574 mm), 60 (574x574 mm) and size 70 (694 x 694 mm) per the Lewmar web site http://www.lewmar.com/webspares/index.asp Part number is 19782200 and lists for $44 from Lewmar, but I'll take $20. This kit does not include the top or bottom hinge parts which attach to the deck and hatch. It replaces the inner parts of the original design and appears to be a much better design and quality. See the photo of the instructions which show replacing parts A,B an C with D and E. Please confirm at the Lewmar web site that these hinges fit you hatch.

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,604

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Any help with this one?

I purchased two hinge kits for my Lewmar Rollstop from Select Plastics. I followed the instructions but my hatches still don't stay up.

Does anyone here have experience with these cryptic instructions?

Grizz

Grizz
An 'English' vs. 'english' conundrum...

Similar experience, boat came with a box of 'extras', including this same page of "instructions". The problem is that although it's written in English, it's not spelled out in simple English.

I know this doesn't help 1 iota but may promote a grin. Hope so.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I purchased two hinge kits for my Lewmar Rollstop from Select Plastics. I followed the instructions but my hatches still don't stay up.

Does anyone here have experience with these cryptic instructions?

I found a pic that looks a little more clear. It was with a hinge kit on Ebay.

I got a little more life out of the hinges by sliding a piece of stainless steel I cut from a hose clamp under the inserts. The real life extender was a Gatorade 64 oz bottle.

Attachments

• Lewmar hatch hinge dwg.jpg
    Lewmar hatch hinge dwg.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,638
Last edited: