• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

For Sale: Raymarine SmartPilot X5 Wheel Autopilot System

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
This autopilot system for sale is a complete kit for a wheel helm. The SmartPilot X-5 system is designed for yachts (all Ericsons are yachts in my opinion) with a laden displacement of up to 16,500lbs. Installation is relatively easy and I suspect anyone on our forum could complete it in an afternoon or two depending on the cable runs. Included are the following components:
  • Raymarine P70 Autopilot Control Head and Display Cover
  • Raymarine SmartPilot X5 Course Computer
  • Raymarine Fluxgate Compass
  • Raymarine MRK 2 Wheel Drive (includes all installation components, hardware, and power cable)
  • Original Product Documentation and Manuals
The system, designed primarily for sailboats, features:
  • Simple clutch engagement mechanism
  • Raymarine LightHouse user interface that is simple and quick to use (latest update from Raymarine installed 09/2020)
  • 160º viewing angles
  • Startup wizard helps you configure the pilot quickly and easily
  • Multiple autopilot modes: Auto; Standby; Pattern; Track; Wind Vane; Power Steer and Jog Steer
  • Display pilot information in different formats
  • AutoLearn technology that simplifies calibration and enables the autopilot to automatically adapt to changing sea conditions
  • Support for multiple data sources
  • Low power - typically 132mA/1.6W
  • Anti-reflective coating for improved visibility in bright sunlight
  • Simple system and group dimming/illumination
  • SeaTalkng or SeaTalk1 connectivity (no bridging required)
  • No rudder reference sensor required
The system is fully functional and in good condition. There is a missing cosmetic piece between two of the buttons on the display unit which I suspect could be easily sourced from Raymarine and snapped back into position. The only component needed to make the system fully functional is a Raymarine SeatalkNG Spur Cable to connect the display to the course computer (these range from $24-$40 from Defender depending on length). I am leaving the spur cable out of the package as the new owner will likely require a different length than was needed on Danu.

I am asking $900.00 for the entire package including USPS Priority Mail shipping to your location in the United States. If you have any questions, please ask.

Attachments

• IMG_2142.JPEG
    IMG_2142.JPEG
    103.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2150.JPEG
    IMG_2150.JPEG
    69 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2136.JPEG
    IMG_2136.JPEG
    241.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2137.JPEG
    IMG_2137.JPEG
    255.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2148.JPEG
    IMG_2148.JPEG
    118.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2144.JPEG
    IMG_2144.JPEG
    118.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2149.JPEG
    IMG_2149.JPEG
    99.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2155.JPEG
    IMG_2155.JPEG
    132.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2156.JPEG
    IMG_2156.JPEG
    194.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Godd write up. You will need to disassemble to ship obviously.
I put some similar items on e-bay and they were quickly snatched up.

Contact this guy: https://www.ebay.com/usr/onthereel

He bought a couple of my packages and is kind-of a broker of this sort of stuff. Your mileage may vary.

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Godd write up. You will need to disassemble to ship obviously.
I put some similar items on e-bay and they were quickly snatched up.

Contact this guy: https://www.ebay.com/usr/onthereel

He bought a couple of my packages and is kind-of a broker of this sort of stuff. Your mileage may vary.
Hi @goldenstate... thanks for lead! Yes, disassembly has occurred (and the new installation was progressing quickly and well until Chicago decided it was winter). Not that I am an expert in selling things online by any means but I have always thought that the "look at this functional system and envision how it will look and function for you" pics are better than the "here's a bunch of stuff spread out on the floor of my living room" pics when creating a listing.

Chris Mc.

Member III
Hi @goldenstate... thanks for lead! Yes, disassembly has occurred (and the new installation was progressing quickly and well until Chicago decided it was winter). Not that I am an expert in selling things online by any means but I have always thought that the "look at this functional system and envision how it will look and function for you" pics are better than the "here's a bunch of stuff spread out on the floor of my living room" pics when creating a listing.
I like they way you think William. If I wasn’t financially coupled with new cushions, upholstery, V-berth mattress, and running rigging, I’d gladly take it off yours hands.