• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

FOR SALE: Sailomat 601 (Marina Del Rey)

Gaviate

Member III
Working condition? Last in service? Shipping?
I would prepay shipping but you would need to package and deliver to shipper, probably FedEx.
Thanks.

ZBM003

Hey, @Gaviate, I have not used it, it came with the boat so I am not sure of the last use date either.

I apologize for the lack of information.

Happy to have it shipped.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The 601 was sold 1995-2004 (http://www.sailomat.com/s601/).

Its cast aluminum parts were subsequently redesigned in plate (models 760-800). Cast aluminum is subject to corrosion and weakening over time, much as our goosenecks.

This specimen is not suitable for heading off around the world, but could be fun to have for local cruising.

Note: there's still a full Sailomat website, but as far as I know Stellan Knoos, who made and sold them, no longer answers inquiries and in reality the company has been out of business for a couple of years.

Gaviate

Member III
came with the boat so I am not sure of the last use date either.
Well then, to many unknowns, and I am so far away as to not be able to do hands on investigation so I must leave it for the next guy, er gal, er person...

Tho I am forever in the hunt for bargains, and more gear, I've become rather parsimonious with boat dollars! Like magic, whenever I take a single item off the list, there appears room for 2 more!

ZBM003

Well then, to many unknowns, and I am so far away as to not be able to do hands on investigation so I must leave it for the next guy, er gal, er person...

Tho I am forever in the hunt for bargains, and more gear, I've become rather parsimonious with boat dollars! Like magic, whenever I take a single item off the list, there appears room for 2 more!
Fair enough.