Free Deck Fill Caps

Gline

One of my original deck fill caps on my 1984 e38 broke and since replacing it seemed virtually impossible, I just finished installing all new fittings. So I now have 4 intact caps, 1 broken cap, 3 water fittings, 1 waste fitting, 1 diesel fitting and 2 somewhat intact of rubber gaskets for under the fittings. Let me know who needs them.

Side note, I’d recommend considering replacing your fittings also. On my 38, when originally installed by Ericson the core was not protected at all. The damage wasn’t too extensive but a few fittings had allowed water to creep into the core, could get nasty if left for a few more years. I’ve got her all fixed up nice and it’s not too painful of a job.

Mark

Filkee

Member III
I've re-bedded mine but they do not twist well. Assuming they're the same on a 32-3. I would definitely be interested.

RCsailfast

Member II
if you still have the waste cap I’d take it off your hands. planned to change the fitting last winter but Covid had other plans.

RCsailfast

Member II
I will pass on if they don't work for me.
Thanks, still on my list to replace the complete deck fitting to resolve the cap issue . Some harbors have screw in pump out hoses and our boat has an odd ball size that won’t give a good seal.

Thaddeus

Member I
Dropped diesel cap overboard last season. After a long search I finally had the yard replace the the deck fill for $162.00. Ouch. But it is now the newest , brightest piece on the boat.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
how does the little chain attach to the fitting ( chain that is attached to the cap ) ?

enrique

I have replaced all of my hardware except the fuel. Trying to figure out how to reach the hose clamps..Feeling awkward