• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Free personal wi-fi hot spot on board, and don't have it?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I thought is was very expensive with special expensive equipment! I have an iPhone w/ AT&T and called the national help line 611. They said it was on my phones settings, and it is free w/19gigs a month!...all I had to do was get a secure password...which they sent to me via text. I am using a cheap app and handheld called Roku. Now while at the dock, little ones can watch any of hundreds of TV stations (monitored) while us older folks get work done on our Ericson!

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I don't recall getting any special password - just turned it on and it works. Out at the tail end of the internet here, I've had to not infrequently use it to get some work done when the primary ISP is down.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
OP here. Lake Austin and the 7 contiguous highland lakes are at the edge of metro Austin....no problem getting free wi-fi away from the lake; however, the beauty of the lake are surrounding hills from 900'-3000'....which block any free wifi tower access to the marinas which are surrounded by hills. Using my cell phone costs $49 a month unlimited for a personal wi-fi. 19gigs free is maybe the news then zilch. Here is our marina (that's my Admiral), one of dozens on the highland lakes:

Attachments

• DCA6D48C-96E4-4973-90E5-6351B0E775C5.jpeg
    DCA6D48C-96E4-4973-90E5-6351B0E775C5.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17