• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Free + Shipping Gioit Opening Port lens replacement acrylic

markvone

Sustaining Member
I have four (4) replacement lens for 1980s cast aluminum Goiot opening ports. The ports will have Goiot on the black knob.

These are color 2412 which is a brownish tint vs the typical grey. I have replacement color 2412 lens in my two overhead hatches now and the typical grey in my Lewmar opening ports and I never notice they are different. I wound up replacing all four ports instead of just the crazed lens.

Free, you pay shipping.

Mark

IMG_1976.JPGIMG_0572.jpg

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Hi Mark,

If these will fit my ports, I will gladly take them. I won't be able to get to the boat to take measurements for a few days, though.

All this time I always thought I had Lewmar ports, but from your post and your picture, I see thy are Goiot! The knobs have the seagull logo on them and they look exactly like your picture, so they must be Goiot. From their website and catalog (below), I don't see replacement gaskets, though. Did you ever find a source for those.

Thanks,
Keith

markvone

Sustaining Member
Hi Keith,

Measure your lens size when you can. These are 9.5" x 4.375".

It figures the two Holland designed Ericsons have the same ports. The cabin side is pretty short on our boats and the Goiot ports are not tall and have a relatively small overall height which barely fits on the E36RH. These lens should be easy to caulk in place. I've got 10 feet of gasket material for these as well. It's just a round neoprene 5/16 inch diameter I got on Ebay. The gasket adhesive is Cyanoacrylate (super glue) to install gasket material which I found somewhere (maybe Ebay with the gasket material?) 2 oz (only needed 1/2 oz for two large hatches) but it has dried up. Google it. Do gaskets first, don't let super glue contact the acrylic!!

I did the lens and gaskets on my hatches and one Bowmar port in the qtr berth. Not hard.

I like the cast aluminum of the Goiot ports but the design with the spigot (hinge) on the inside leaves a large area to seal on the outside. My openings in the cabin side where cut super sloppy at the factory and didn't seal well resulting in rotted cabin side teak veneer. After I replaced all the teak, I decided to get new Lewmar size 0 stainless steel ports so I'll never have to do this job again.

PM me with any questions.

Mark

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Mark,

I'm so sorry but family commitments have kept me from getting my measurements yet. I will get there to get it done at least by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, if you still have them. I'm pretty sure those are correct for me.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Hey, Mark
Yes, I do want them if still available. I will PM you when I get back home to iron out details, shipping and payment in kind
Thanks!!!

markvone

Sustaining Member
Hi Keith,

They are still available.
For info, I just sent the curtains to Miami from DC for $11.85. The lenses and gasket are heavier and you are farther from DC so I believe the Med USPS Flat Rate box at $13.75 will be the cheapest way to ship. I'll confirm before I ship. These are just a tad too long for the small box.

Mark