• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fuel line Leak Discovered

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Good to have the 3/16th citation. Better than my 1/4", although the replaced lines are currently holding OK.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
David, can you reconfirm that the hoses in the link above are correct? The link is to "1/8th" hoses, whereas others have recommended 3/16ths and I was able to adapt 1/4". (It might be that the current link is incorrect)

David Grimm

E38-200
They are the ones I am using. The hose stretches pretty easly over the nipples and the clamps fit and work well. They have been in service now for two and a half seasons and countless hours of motoring. They replaced the previous owners clear plastic like hoses that appeared to be held on with safty wire. Big improvement and no more leaks!

David Grimm

E38-200
Here is a zoomed in photo taken right around the time I installed them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-150702_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-150702_Gallery.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
No loss of power, just fine mist of fuel spraying. A return line had split.

I replaced my returns with 1/4" fuel hose, which is fatter than David's, and needs to be squeezed by hose clamps at the nipples. I think the nipple is 4mm, which is 5/32nd inch, (a bit over 1/8 inch), so it's good to know 1/8th hose fits. Or 3/16ths.

quarter-inch  fuel line return.JPG

Bumbugo13

No loss of power, just fine mist of fuel spraying. A return line had split.

I replaced my returns with 1/4" fuel hose, which is fatter than David's, and needs to be squeezed by hose clamps at the nipples. I think the nipple is 4mm, which is 5/32nd inch, (a bit over 1/8 inch), so it's good to know 1/8th hose fits. Or 3/16ths.

View attachment 44514
Christian, quick question. After changing just the fuel return lines, is it necessary to bleed the system?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I didn't have to. The fuel return is on the other side of the injectors, and just carries away excess back to the tank.

Bumbugo13

Yep, thanks. Figured that out. Replaced the lines but as you saw in the other thread...still looking for the leak(s).