• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fuel Sending Units

wayneking

1986 Ericson 38-200
I want to replace my fuel sending unit. I thought I was going to with a Moeller but then I saw some stuff about Centroid so I looked up those as well, Mechanically, Centroid appears more solid, i.e. its float moves up and down on a shaft rather than the float arm on a Moeller which might be more erratic when fuel is sloshing around. Anyway, just wondered if there any opinions as to what's the best sending unit that others have used.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That looks just like the "Wema" sender that was installed in our new fuel tank a decade ago. Working fine.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I'd have probably used what Christian posted if I'd seen it before buying the one I got.
Any of them will work if they fill the hole(s) and have the right resistance.

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
There's also a design in which a float rises vertically on the post--no swing arm. I installed that last year.
This is the same type I purchased for my tank. I had the swing-arm version before and not knowing if it was the sender or gauge, I bought both. I did install the sender and holes all lined up perfectly.

Here's the gauge I bought:

Getting it all hooked up is on my short list of projects for early winter as part of my instrument panel strengthening/refresh.

Last edited: