• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Good Diesel in Tacoma/Commencement Bay?

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I have a question -

Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy diesel is in Commencement Bay (Tacoma)? Since I've had the boat, I've only topped her up three times, and that was once in Everett and twice at Shilshole in Seattle.

I'm just wondering if there's a preferred place with nice, clean fuel, and especially if there is any where I should stay away from. I don't have time for failing fuel lines, injectors, etc.

Thanks!
//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another Alternative....

If you mean where on the water, I cannot be of help...
But I buy most of the diesel for my boat using a couple of 5-gallon containers at the local truck stop. I ask for and receive the "off road" price to trim off the taxes. Due to their high volume I figure it is as clean as I will find anywhere. I just bought one of those "rattle valve" siphon tubes to transfer it so I will no longer have to lift the whole 5 gallons and pour into a funnel.
At a half gallon an hour neither one us probably uses over 20 gallons a season...
:)
Loren in Portland, OR

Stan Nelson

Sean, There may be more than the two places Lorraine and I use, so keep your eyes open. At the Breakwater marina near the ferry dock is one place, Its been there for a very long time and has a small store. Number two is a new spot in Gig Harbor. This location is just west of the pubic dock and is open 24 hrs. with a card, this makes it very handy.
We miss you guys this weekend at Pt. Orchard // Stan and Lorraine :)

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Port Orchard

Yeah, I know - I was planning on coming (via Calvos Passage, no less!) - but words like "Gale Warning" bug me - and I want to finish my anchor hatch before you guys see the boat again!

:)

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
A Note on Diesel Fills

I ended up going over to Poseidon's Fuel in Gig Harbor - they have a nice new dock that's open 7/24 with a gas station type CC reader (very nice). The people there are very nice as well.

Just watch the piling sticking up near the entrance.....

//sse