• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Good news on Parts....

rhewitt

Member II
Howdy,

Any of you that has an engine with a "Kubota" base the only place to get parts is the M.G. Bryan co. in Grand Prairie Texas... email: nancy.corgill@mgbryan.com 972-6234301 and she will do the job for you.

As most of you know for over two weeks I have been trying to find parts to rebuild an "88 Universal M-25XP (Kubota base). NO ONE in the USA or the world had all the parts I needed, most everyone would not even return an email or phone call (the list is long). Torresen Marine (Marine Diesel Direct) had some of the parts but where over $3,000. (yes three grand more) higher than the M.G. Bryan, Kubota parts distributor.
They accept credit cards and ship anywhere. Lucky me we have a couple coming down to Nicaruagua next week from Oklahoma and they are going to bring them to us and stay in our Hotel too.

I was able to find after long discusions with a lot of folks, an elbow riser (exhausto mixer) and a damper disc to tranny and new motor mounts from Kelly at torresen, she was very helpful too once we figured out what to call it. and a part #. I have learned more about little diesel engines that I ever wanted to know... But it has now all come together and thanks to a bunch of you Guys and your input and help it looks as if the old engine will be a TOTAL rebuild and I hope it goes strong for another 20 years.
If any of you have questions about parts Kubota - Universal - Westerbeke, just ask away and I bet I can direct you to the right place... you would be surprised who knows what out there and who will not even email you back.

How about this.... engine - in & out, macaniches (2) labor, machine shop, parts & shipping from 3 places, fuel tank in & out, cleaned and new holddown tabs welded on. Enigne not yet back in and running but looks like under $2,500. total job. Will keep you posted as to outcome.

Nica Ralph