• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Great Lakes Naval Station Marina

marcusn

Member II
Kind of weird, but they let me (a civilian) in for the summer. I've got a slip there for my e27 (still awaiting launch) and am wondering if there's anyone else here with experience in the GLNS harbor. Last year, the largest boat in the slips was 26', so I'm wondering if I'm pushing the depth. Harbor master says no worries with 4' draft.

This is pretty darn exciting for me, as I live only about 3 miles from the marina, and can now ride my bicycle there in roughly 15 minutes door to hatch.

I hope you're all having as much fun thinking about the summer as I am!

Marcus

marcusn

Member II
Yes, I think you can get in

The slips won't fit you, but there are plenty of cans in the harbor. Or, you can tie up to the seawall for more $$$.

Call the MWR division of Great Lakes, and talk to Kathy Medina (1-847-688-2110 x118). She mentioned to me that several of last years Navy boaters sold their boats, so I'm guessing there's space.

If you want to pursue this, just know that you will be subjected to a background check.

If you want to see the marina first, you can get a day pass from the visitors center. Just bring a picture ID, your car registration, and proof of auto insurance.

Good luck,

Marcus