• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hard-top Bimini

p.gazibara

Member III
Last bit of carbon has been epoxied to the top, and on went paint. Since the solar panels cover pretty much all of the top, I didn’t bother with fairing it too much.

All this is left now is to drill the holes for the water catchment tubes. Oh run wires for the lights and speakers.

660BB1DC-235B-40B1-9514-3A1BA2D146C6.jpeg59FBE288-3825-40CA-929C-CF0FD499F9BB.jpeg5A00B5E5-128A-4A30-ACE0-3E3271D7363D.jpeg

Housesitting ends this weekend, so the roof will be trailed to the stainless shop where the last bits will be added as the stainless welder starts building the new frame.

-P

p.gazibara

Member III
These shots really put how big the E35 cockpit into perspective. This roof doesn’t even cover all of it

B8627DD3-893E-4BC1-8866-E05DA5E62073.jpeg
E76BCB56-4CB2-4AE3-A80C-EAF1C5DC86BB.jpeg
It’s now dropped of at the stainless welder’s shop. Hopefully I’ll have something ready to bolt on Cinderella by mid February.
-P

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Just got back to Cinderella to test fit the new hardtop. Stainless is looking good. The welders has to finish up the welds and add a few bits.

Very exited to see what it looks like when it’s done.

View attachment 38309

-p
Nice design and build! I like how you incorporated ss tubing as life lines around the cockpit.
That'll be a great platform for lotsa solar panel goodness :cool:
Looks like a typical gray (grey) Aotearoa day - I guess you're used to that by now.
What marina are you at there?

p.gazibara

Member III
Nice design and build! I like how you incorporated ss tubing as life lines around the cockpit.
That'll be a great platform for lotsa solar panel goodness :cool:
Looks like a typical gray (grey) Aotearoa day - I guess you're used to that by now.
What marina are you at there?
Hahah, yeah and the boom shading the panels certainly isn’t helping things at the moment. Can’t wait to get the top bolted on.

That’s at BOI marina in Opua.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hey Pajo,

That is one beefy looking support! Did the backstay hole workout? That seems like a tricky detail.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I do remember when you guys were here in Santa Cruz that that was an issue for you . You sailed down the coast and across the Pacific anyway ;-).

p.gazibara

Member III
So, this last weekend was a serious sprint for me. I did a final sand and paint on the roof, drilled the drain holes for the water catchment in the deck and overdrilled the bolt holes for the arch. Somehow I got the epoxy sealed before the rain.

The next day I did a test fit and drilled all the bolt holes. After a tube of Sika, the arch is now fixed to the boat and the deck is watertight.

FF36F6B7-0718-4878-81F9-600CA9988E76.jpeg

One last sprint had me set the roof on, get the backstay back in place, and back out to the mooring beforehand the big storm.

7E0165C4-F832-49A9-818A-602FD7D733BB.jpeg

Very happy with the end result. A bit more work required to install the panels and sort the plumbing, but that will wait for next time.