• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Harken ESP unit 1 or Harken MarkIV Unit 1?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
MkIV Unit 1 on sale for $2900+/-. ESP $1800 with leg kit. Cruise only. Rigger charges $1000+/- for install w/new forestay. I have the original 1985 Harken Mk1 which is starting to have problems and no parts available. Suggestions??

Baslin

Member III
I just replaced our furler and standing rigging last year. We chose the Schaefer Furler. We love it. I would go with Schaefer over Harken

mordust

Member II
Look at us.binnacle.com. for some SERIOUSLY cheaper prices. A Canadian company. This is their US link. Make sure you are looking at the US pricing. I was checking around for the ESP unit1. $1119 + leg unit, another $269. Mark IV unit 1 $1944 without toggle. I MUST be missing something, right?
I called a couple of weeks back, shipping would be about $25 if I remember correctly.
I bought one of the last Origo 3000 cooktops from them a couple of years ago. They were a pleasure to deal with.
Bob
BTW. What's a L/E Pilot

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I second the binnacle site. I purchased some harken 28ST winches a few years ago from Binnacle. They were great. I'm getting close to placing an order for a mkiv unit 1 as well. I Just need to get up the mast to take some measurements so I can figure out what togle configuration i need.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Look at us.binnacle.com. for some SERIOUSLY cheaper prices. A Canadian company. This is their US link. Make sure you are looking at the US pricing. I was checking around for the ESP unit1. $1119 + leg unit, another $269. Mark IV unit 1 $1944 without toggle. I MUST be missing something, right?
I called a couple of weeks back, shipping would be about $25 if I remember correctly.
I bought one of the last Origo 3000 cooktops from them a couple of years ago. They were a pleasure to deal with.
Bob
BTW. What's a L/E Pilot
I checked and their prices are better than other suppliers sale prices...THANK YOU!

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Are you planning on using the link plates to get the drum off the deck or are you using a standard toggle?

mordust

Member II
I checked and their prices are better than other suppliers sale prices...THANK YOU!
Glad to help. I might pull the trigger soon, like you still deciding between the Mark IV or ESP.

Still curious about the L/E part of pilot. I've been a pilot (corporate mostly) all my life and can't figure it out..
Oh. Yeah. I just retired as of midnight last night!

Slick470

Member III
We bought a mkiv through binnacle a few years ago. They have had better pricing on the Harken furlers for a while now. The mkiv is a better product and worth the added price in my opinion.