• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Head Window Replacement need advice for 30+

bigtyme805

Member III
I want to replace my Port Window on the head side. I need help. Does anybody know a good replacement window that would fit the old one? The glass is cracked but not leaking yet. I want to keep the same look and of course that means aluminum. Does anybody know the cutout size for 1985 E30+? I will probably have to replace the starboard window also to keep a nice look.

Any help would be great. I have looked at Bomar windows but that is all I can find. If I cant find a good replacement I will and try and replace glass, that will be a little tricky.

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Window

Don,

The frame is fairly easy to take apart I think that the tough part is finding replacement glass cut to the right shape. I replaced all of my widows with Beckson brand. I am very happy. I used smoked opening lights in the salon and the boat stays 10 degrees cooler. Thet are made of plastic but we love them.

Good Luck,

bigtyme805

Member III
The beckson ports are all white plastic correct? If I replace all my ports it's either aluminum or stainless. I know the cost is higher but every time I see those plastic ports it reminds me of an O'Day. I am hoping the yacht service guy I contracted out with can replace the glass, if not he said plan on replacing the port. I was hoping somebody new the cut out of the window that way I am ready in case I have to buy a couple of ports.

Hopefully somebody knows the cutout. I know these windows are common. The same window that is on my 30+ is the same window that was on my E27.

bigtyme805

Member III
Since nobody really responded to my thread I took the windows apart and found the measurements on my own. The only port windows I found that kept the boat looking good were from Lewmar. Had to cut a little but they look good, did both sides. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. I may replace the windows in the main salon also. What is nice is the ports open up.
Cost of the windows size 1 were $230 each.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Don, thanks for posting this update. As an owner of an E30+ which will likely need replacement of these windows sometime, I am looking forward to you posting pictures of your windows replacements. Also, any tips you have for making this job go smoothly would be welcome.
Frank.

bigtyme805

Member III
I was just at the boat tonight admiring how well these ports look and they blend well. Plus the air ventilation really helps. Installing these is easy as pie. Just cutting a little is the only issue and a roto zip takes care of this. Bedded with 4200, I think thats it. I promise I will snap some pics next time I am there which should be tomorrow. I have one issue, the lewmar windows are tinted black so now I need to tint the main salon windows and nobody does it in Santa Barbara, I will go to Auto place that does it and see if they will tint 4 ports.

Any suggestions? I am not doing any tinting....

bigtyme805

Member III
Pics of the Windows

I have posted a couple of pictures of lewmar opening windows I replaced in my 1985 E30+. They really look good. I even had the main salon windows tinted to match the lewmar windows. They actually look standard can barely tell the difference.

Attachments

• DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76