• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Help find WS-1 Mast Unit

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Hello All,

I own a Standard Horizon WS-1 Apparent wind Gauge and I know they have not been manafactured in QUITE some time but I need a replacement for the mast unit. Mine has gone bad and I just wanted to see if anyone might have some suggestions beyond having to replace it. Can you get one made to match the specs of the WS-1? Does anyone make a aftermarket part that might work?

Any suggestions please would help.

Thanks,

Howard Keiper

This must be your lucky day. I had to replace my WS45 instrument and ended up buying the entire package from e-bay. I have at least one masthead unit which I would be happy to give to you...assuming that the masthead units are the same...I believe they are. I'll get a pic posted sometime today and you can make the call.
Howard Keiper
Sea Quest
Berkeley

Annapolis E-27

Member III
They do show up on EBay and Craigslist. I picked up a complete unit, masthead, display, and cabling still in the original box and packing for $180.00 last year. Keep looking...not much of a market so they can be picked up fairly cheap.

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Thank You

Howard,

Thank You. I would be very interested in the unit and yes they do match.

I would be willing to pay the shipping and any other costs you incure.

This is ausome. I can be reached via Email at sailshigh@cox.net

You really made my week!!!

Cheers,