• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Here's a nice, inexpensive cabin speaker

Teranodon

Member III
I normally don't listen to music on my boat, so I don't have a fancy sound system, but every once in a while I'd like to hear a nice tune. In my cruising area - the San Juan and Gulf Islands - I am in cellphone range most of the time, and can get sufficient bandwidth for Spotify. So I did a little research and got the DOSS SoundBox Touch Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers on Amazon for $28. I think they (it's a single unit with two stereo speakers) sound pretty good. It ain't high fidelity, but it's really not bad. The bluetooth connection to my iPhone has never failed, and the unit is easily recharged from a USB port. I strongly recommend this item.

Cabin speaker.jpg

EGregerson

Member III
I don't know what technology they have that gets such good sound from a small inexpensive speaker these days. I picked up a small JBL; amazing. I notice ur nav station teak appears to be redone. What did u use to strip the old finish off? (mine's old and dark).

Teranodon

Member III
I don't know what technology they have that gets such good sound from a small inexpensive speaker these days. I picked up a small JBL; amazing. I notice ur nav station teak appears to be redone. What did u use to strip the old finish off? (mine's old and dark).
Yes, the sound quality is surprisingly good. High-tech high-field magnets? I don't know. As for the teak, it must be a trick of the light. My whole cabin needs re-finishing. I wish you hadn't reminded me...