• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hi, Whats up with the ballast water tank

Sharkman1

underneath the berth connected to the head in my E25 circa 1975? Should I redo or eliminate the head? Also where is the bilge pump located? Is there a through hull dump?

Thanks for your help. I noticed there is a plug in head compartment shoe.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E25

Sharkman~
The ballast for your boat is lead and it is located in the belly of the boat. Under the v-berth is where the waste holding tank for the head is located. My electric bilge pump is located in the bilge just as you walk down the companionway steps. The original location for the freshwater tank was underneath the cockpit.
To redo or eliminate your head is tough to answer because no onew has seen it or knows anything about it. You need to tell us why you want to!!

Any other questions, fire away.

Last edited:

Sharkman1

What is the rubber water tank under the bed? I'm sure my head was a direct dump to the outside (illegal now) and where does the bilge pump drain to?

Sharkman1

OK so that rubber bag in the berth is the black water bag? And to flush the head you let water in through the hull? Sorry I inherited a basket case and I'm trying to restore. All of the hoses were disconnected....bilge pump missing etc.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Guess I need some pictures, sounds like someone really altered the systems. More than willing to help you sort out things, but tough to fully understand.

Last edited:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
My bilge pump empties out thru the transom. Both the electric and manual, just under the boat name.

Attachments

• boat pictures 067.jpg
    boat pictures 067.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Sharkman1

Man she's a real beauty. Mine doesn't have those transom drains (yet). I just made a new hatch and I'm going to reverse engineer the companionway hatch unless I could find a nice fiberglass replacement. Any ideas on that?

Sharkman1

Sir that sounds great except I have the Flu right now and I'm not very talkative. I will call or email this week and thanks for sharing your know how with me.

Mark Davis