• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Home Port Regatta 1st place

gypsyrecs

Member I
Just entered my first ever race (as boat owner/skipper) in Marina Del Rey this past Saturday. It is a free race for beginners. No race fee, no yacht club membership needed. Got first place in the Cruisers over 30 ft. I think there were about 8 boats in our class. We came 2<SUP>nd</SUP> over the line in the first race and first over the line in the second race and first overall corrected. Much faster than a 90s Catalina 34 and a brand new Beneteau 35 or so. We were the only Ericson in any class. Very light air. I didn't know my boat was such a good light air boat. Anyway, lots of fun, very addicting. Will enter more races next summer. Hopefully we'll see more Ericsons out there. I was under the impression Ericsons were not fast boats but now I'm thinking otherwise. So... no excuse you guys - go race!

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for sharing your first "puff" with us. The sailboat racing addiction is a common and acceptable affliction in these parts. Congrats on the first place!

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Way to go Dan! It is fun to watch other racers jaws drop when you past them in light air with your Ericson. Remarkable boats! Keep up the racing, it sure helps to make one adjust and fool around with the sail trim in order to get the most speed out of the boat as possible.

S Ellis

Member I
Now you'll be hooked! I always enjoy taking my "almost 40 yr old" classic plastic out and spanking a few butts on the course!! Ericsons Go!

Steve Ellis
'69 E 32-2
Diversion