• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

How many 36's were made and in which years?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Perhaps someone bought/acquired those molds and built a few?
(After the closure of EY, the Olson molds were purchased by company in Port Townsend, and they built one "Sonic 34" from them. I imagine that those molds are warping and shot, in a blackberry patch somewhere, or were cut up before 2000. (big sigh)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
There always the alleged "history". I have no idea whether this is legit, but....

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
There always the alleged "history". I have no idea whether this is legit, but....

I looked at the sample report and it is about a particular boat, not the manufacturer. Like Carfax with much less info.

erikwfab

Member II
As far as I know the Ericson 36C was only built in 1976, Santa Ana CA. with a production run of 66 boats my COD says "ERYXXXXM76K " and I know she is hull #8

Bobby Steele

Member II
We came close to buying a 36C on Lake Champlain last year. Upon initial inspection, though, it had been out of the water for a few years, and when we looked above the headliner, there was substantial rotted wood. We had to, sadly, walk away. Even at the $16k price, we just didn’t see the possibility of it being a worthwhile investment for beginners to take on. I hope someone was able to rescue this beautiful boat.

gstepler

Member I
We came close to buying a 36C on Lake Champlain last year. Upon initial inspection, though, it had been out of the water for a few years, and when we looked above the headliner, there was substantial rotted wood. We had to, sadly, walk away. Even at the $16k price, we just didn’t see the possibility of it being a worthwhile investment for beginners to take on. I hope someone was able to rescue this beautiful boat.
The 36C on Lake Champlain, NARAMATA, went back on the CL market this summer for $25K and a couple pictures updated to show it was capable of floating. A 36C I was familiar with in Maine, GELATEA (not sure of the hull #), was lost in an October nor'easter last fall. TATAOOSH II recently changed hands in Boston (Constitution Marina). Having been a cheap Boston condo (read: liveaboard) since 2006 it was sold quick and cheap to continue that sad legacy.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I am heading up to Boston in January and interested in connecting with the owner of TATAOOSH II. Does anyone have pictures of her?

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Bobby Steele

Member II
The 36C on Lake Champlain, NARAMATA, went back on the CL market this summer for $25K and a couple pictures updated to show it was capable of floating. A 36C I was familiar with in Maine, GELATEA (not sure of the hull #), was lost in an October nor'easter last fall. TATAOOSH II recently changed hands in Boston (Constitution Marina). Having been a cheap Boston condo (read: liveaboard) since 2006 it was sold quick and cheap to continue that sad legacy.
We lost out Newport 28 in that storm. It was our first boat, and we were heartbroken... until we found our E34, that is. Turned out the ‘loss’ was a blessing in disguise.