• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hudson River Boatyards

Lone Gull

Member I
Hi All, We're making plans to sail our 32-3 from Northern Lake Michigan to the East Coast via the Erie Canal next Sept and are looking for boat yard sugestions at both ends. Does anyone have expierence ?

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I have spoken to this firm on the phone and they sounded helpful, but have no direct experience:

Avoid Winter Harbour Marina on the Erie Canal (just north of Syracuse) as if it were the epicentre for an outbreak of bubonic plague.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1072

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Hi All, We're making plans to sail our 32-3 from Northern Lake Michigan to the East Coast via the Erie Canal next Sept and are looking for boat yard sugestions at both ends. Does anyone have expierence ?
How far down the Hudson you going? The crew at Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City is on the extreme lower end of the Hudson. Not the cheapest boat yard in the world, but they're good.

Lone Gull

Member I
Thanks everyone. I was hoping to find a DIY yard near Catskill so I can change out my old VC-17 bottom paint for Pettit Trinidad before heading south. We also have a few rigging projects to do while the mast is down. Does anyone know anything about Hop-O-Nose Marina?

cdesopo

Member II
Safe Harbor in Haverstraw allows you to DIY, but they are somewhat unreliable & slow (haulout/launch). We won't let them touch our boat (long story), but they let us do all of our own work.

Note on transiting the canal. Our boat neighbor purchased his Contessa in Wisconsin and tried what you're looking to do. It got too shallow & he had to ship the boat the rest of the way. This was 2 years ago. I can get more details if interested.