• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hull Number Location

Papidoos56

1973 E32-2
My surveyor could not find the hull number (I actually know it) on the stern of the 1973 e-32-2 that I just purchased. He was looking in the top right corner of the transom. Perhaps it was painted over he surmised. Any thoughts?

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
My surveyor could not find the hull number (I actually know it) on the stern of the 1973 e-32-2 that I just purchased. He was looking in the top right corner of the transom. Perhaps it was painted over he surmised. Any thoughts?
Check at the base of the companionway or near the engine compartment.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
This thread investigates locations of hull number on the early boats.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
You may not find it. A hull number was not required until 1972. A lot of boats built before the law went into effect did not have one stamped or embossed on it.

Last edited:

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Mine is upper starboard corner of the transom...not a plate, but moulded into the gel/fiberglass. It is only readable if you are standing on the water!!! Or take a cellphone picture upside down.

frick

Member III
I never have found the hull number on my 1971 E29.... I had to rely on the registration.

Papidoos56

1973 E32-2
Thanks for all the input. I will check again. Like I said, I have Documentation, it is just that the surveyor wanted to find it and couldn't.