• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hull Number

grampa mike

Greetings to All.
I have just joined the site and would like to know if anyone can help me find the hull number of my boat.
She's an Ericsson 27' (1972) and I've never seen it since I purchased the boat in 1993.
Thanks, 'grampa mike'

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
The only place that the hull number appears on my 1971 boat is a stamp in the tiller escutcheon plate. It also had the number sewn into the old main sail, but that's now retired.
Some people have mentioned finding the hull number written on the back of furniture or wooden panels (e.g. to identify which boat it was for, at the factory). But the only such marking I've seen is "29" suggesting that it didn't matter exactly which boat these panels went to.

grampa mike

The only place that the hull number appears on my 1971 boat is a stamp in the tiller escutcheon plate. It also had the number sewn into the old main sail, but that's now retired.
Some people have mentioned finding the hull number written on the back of furniture or wooden panels (e.g. to identify which boat it was for, at the factory). But the only such marking I've seen is "29" suggesting that it didn't matter exactly which boat these panels went to.

Thanks for the info. I don't recall any markings there but will definitely check when out to boat this weekend. Cheers

Kevin A Wright

Member III
Mine was also on the transom on my 77 E27, under the rub rail. Don't remember if port or stbd. It was actually pressed into the fiberglass, not painted or a plaque so you have to look hard with a glancing light to see it especially if there has been a coat of paint or two applied in the last 40 years.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Just to state the obvious, boats manufactured after November 1972 will have 12-digit HINs on the transom. Prior to that, there was only the 3-digit (or less) hull number, which could be anywhere. Or nowhere.