• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hull number

chris t

I need to take a "tracing" of the hull number of a 1986 36 Ericson for registration, but can not find it on the starboard transom. Does anyone know of a different location where this number may exist on the boat if not there ? Thanks

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Starboard transom is exactly where it should be. Are you sure it hasn’t been painted over rendering it difficult to spot?

chris t

Thanks . The boat has been painted twice that I know of, so maybe. I assume the numbers were imbedded in the fiberglass as opposed to a "plate"?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Whoever painted it should have reproduced the HIN in the surface. There IS another "hidden" HIN inside. You may find it embossed in the bed log area, or somewhere normally out of sight. Our boat has in the rear surface of the aft cabin berth top molding. Hopefully someone with a sistership can provide the other location.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I need to take a "tracing" of the hull number of a 1986 36 Ericson for registration, but can not find it on the starboard transom. Does anyone know of a different location where this number may exist on the boat if not there ? Thanks
I have not heard of a 36' Ericson built in 1986.

Bob Robertson

Member III
I'm not on our boat, but I think I saw a copy of the HIN from inside the stern cockpit locker on the port side. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know if I find it.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
HIN commenced about 1972. If it's an 80's Ericson, it should have the usual one on transom and another inside.

Last edited:

Bob Robertson

Member III
Well, I checked the inside of the stern cockpit locker and didn't find the copy of the HIN that I thought was there. Maybe it was on another boat that I saw it.

Sorry,
Bob

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Since the topic is hull numbers again, Any one know the meaning of the letter "L" in ERY911xxL788? 1988, Olson/Ericson 911 of course.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
ERY = Ericson
911xx = Your serial
L7 = Built in December 1987July
88 = Model year 1988

The serial ought to be on an engine mounting rail. It's just visible below the alternator here:
20190428_141542-X3.jpg

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
There's a typo in my post and it should say:
ERY = Ericson
911xx = Your serial
L7 = Built in December 1987
88 = Model year 1988