• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

In Latitude 38, A beautiful 1967 Ericson 30

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Early BK design and nice looking! There is also a restored E-30-1 in our yacht club. Beautiful lines. :egrin:

Last edited:

Filkee

Sustaining Member

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Is that the early E30 that had the aft bulkhead moved back a foot or two to open up the galley? If it is I agree it's an amazing refit!

Shankara

Member II
Is that the early E30 that had the aft bulkhead moved back a foot or two to open up the galley? If it is I agree it's an amazing refit!
Yes that’s the one. He invited me aboard for a chat last night before continuing north. Pure perfection, every inch. Magically amazing! A true artist and an amazing human as well!

Tom Dilworth

Yes that’s the one. He invited me aboard for a chat last night before continuing north. Pure perfection, every inch. Magically amazing! A true artist and an amazing human as well!
Hi Shankara,
I remember you very well and enjoyed the short time we hung out. Currently Ellie is In Newport, Oregon- next stop Columbia River, and all is going great- I have complete faith in my Ericson 30 and her ability to handle whatever nature dishes out, though I must admit on this trip it’s mostly been fog! I hope to see you again on my trip back down the coast.
Tom

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Tom,
How long will you be in Newport. I meet you and your wife when you were in Santa Cruz. I now live in Corvallis OR (and Santa Cruz). Your E-30 is really a gorgeous boat and I would drive over to drool over your refit (again) if you're around. Plus a good excuse to go to the beach ;-)

Last edited:

Tom Dilworth

Hi Tom,
How long will you be in Newport. I meet you and your wife when you were in Santa Cruz. I now live in Corvallis OR (and Santa Cruz). Your E-30 is really a gorgeous boat and I would drive over to drool over your refit (again) if you're around. Plus a good excuse to go to the beach ;-)
Hi Mark,
I would love to hang out in the fog (actually today was pretty nice) here with you, but I’m in the midst of formulating my plans- I have relatives here and my daughter and her family are coming up in a few days for a few days on a roadtrip north. I’ll get back with you in a day or two. Thanks for getting in touch.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Loren,
I’m not sure, but definitely Astoria. What’s it like going up the Columbia? What’s the current, and is there wind? Are we talking a three day motorboat ride? Thanks in advance for your input. Tom
Current will run about 2 knots, but there is incoming tide push twice a day. It usually takes about 3 easy days to get to Portland, and it is motor-sailing or motoring. Lots to see around Astoria - tie up at West Basin, or go up the bay a few miles, turn right, and anchor in the bay behind Tongue Point. The lower bay has good sailing, but the whole center part near the bridge dries at low tide, so the sailing area is not as impressive as it appears at high tide.... !
Time your bar crossing to come and go on the flood; dangerous place during the ebb.

Tom Dilworth

I spotted the most beautiful 1967 Ericson 30 imaginable stopped over in my marina yesterday. Upon meeting the owner and looking at the sailboat in person, I was completely blown away by the utterly amazing quality of craftsmanship.

In the changes section of last months Lattitude 38, changes section, starts on page 87.

https://www.latitude38.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/June2022Latitude38magazine.pdf
Hi Mark,
I would love to hang out in the fog (actually today was pretty nice) here with you, but I’m in the midst of formulating my plans- I have relatives here and my daughter and her family are coming up in a few days for a few days on a roadtrip north. I’ll get back with you in a day or two. Thanks for getting in touch.
Hi Mark, It looks like it won’t work out at this end here in Newport- too much family stuff planned each day and I’ll think I’ll need to leave for Tillamook or Astoria on Monday to catch the good weather. I imagine I’ll be in Astoria at least a week, but that‘s probably too far for you to drive, though you’d be welcome if you choose. See ya, Tom