• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

In need of a prop!

McGinnis

Member II
Looking for a 16 x 14 RH two blade or 16 x 10 RH three blade for a 1" shaft.

Called Minneys a week ago, just got back to me today that they haven't updated their website and don't have anything that will fit.

Bacons doesn't have anything either.

Anyone have one laying around they'd like to sell?

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I have an extra prop that came with my E38. Its marked "Michigan Sailor 16 RH 1X" The "X" is a digit that has been overstruck with a punch numerous times, so the pitch could be 13 or 15, etc, Its a 1" shaft. A prop shop could tell you the pitch and if needed change the pitch for you. I have no idea what its worth, I was going to take it to the scrap metal recycling and cash it in next time I go. Make me an offer. RT

Sven

Seglare
I have to check but our 3-blade prop might fit the specs too. If RT's prop works go with it as we're cruising which makes sending stuff a bit more complicated.

-Sven

McGinnis

Member II
You guys are awesome.

I just ordered a "crutch" to get me out of the Bay area. All I could find was a 16 x 14 with 1 1/8 hub, so I ordered the 1 1/8" to 1" converter since I needed SOMETHING. Not something I look forward to doing under water.

RT/Sven- What kind of condition is the prop in? If either or both are in decent condition, I might be interested for the right price. :rolleyes:

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I never had it mounted but to my eye it looks fine. No dings, scrapes or flaws I can see, it just has that weathered bronze look you would expect of an old prop. RT

Sven

Seglare
Ours has the wrong pitch

Just checked and it is an 8" pitch.

Prop.jpg

It was only replaced to upgrade to the Maxprop so there's nothing wrong with it.

-Sven

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
If you say $50 and you pay the shipping, then its a done deal. Let me know, I'll pack it up and send it. RT

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Seekig a very Old prop

I just bought a 32 ft. ericson built in 1876 and currently have a two blade prop and looking to upgrade to a three blade. Anybody have any ideas in where I might go for one and also about the pitch. It's all new to me so just starting out with my learning, thank you for any educational replies. Bruce

That's quite a bit earlier than any production Ericson I have heard of!
:rolleyes:

More seriously, you should really start a new thread for this request, as your particular request is 'new'.

Best,
Loren